Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Republican betrayal

Default Republican betrayal

McConnell: ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban ‘Front and Center’ in Senate

The Courier-Journal reports that McConnell was a guest on the Louisville, KY, Terry Meiners Show where he said, “What we can’t do is fail to pass something,” adding, “The urgency of this is not lost on any of us.”

NPR reports that McConnell addressed an “assault weapons” ban, saying: “We had that ban for about a 10-year period. There’s a good deal of dispute about whether it actually had an impact or not. It’s certainly one of the front and center issues. I think … probably background checks and red flags will probably lead the discussion. But a lot of other things will come up as well.”
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ter-in-senate/

Big difference between "Republican" and "conservative".

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    No truer words have been spoken.

Yeah, background checks have done wonders in keeping guns out of the hands of thieves, gang bangers, murderers, rapists, muggers and the like. Maybe, just maybe they ought to enforce the laws on the books, bring back swift capital punishment, quit giving out pills like candy and open up the doors to the nervous hospitals again.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

What are they going to do with background checks? they could strengthen the availability of medical data into the database.

But to say every gun purchase has to have a background check? impossible. They have no idea when transactions take place, so they cannot police it other than a sting operation here or there. UNLESS there is national registry of every gun in inventory.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

A national registry is the goal- and by any means necessary.

Murder is already against the law, doesn't matter what method or instrument you use to commit it.
    Last edited by wskinner; 08-09-2019 at 02:36 PM.

“what we can’t do is fail to pass something”.

When any politician utters this phrase, they need an ass kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    A national registry is the goal- and by any means necessary.
    Malcolm X and his gang used to use the same phrase. Strange times we're living in.

Malcolm X and his gang used to use the same phrase. Strange times we're living in.
    Indeed.

So, how do they go about a National Registry? I mean who’s going to resister guns that were never registered or subject to the background check they already have. Yeah, let’s register all those guns we are left by our fathers, grandfathers and other relatives. I swear these politicians are downright stupid, it’ll be a bigger failure that Obamacare.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

The intentions of the founding fathers are VERY clear, "shall not be infringed".

Might be the time to buy one of those evil guns. Just because "fuck you" is the message that purchase sends.
    Last edited by w33kender; 08-09-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    “what we can’t do is fail to pass something”.

When any politician utters this phrase, they need an ass kicking.
    best thing I've read on here in a while.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

I just chuckle when I read this kind of stuff. Chill Men.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Boys, Both sides of the isle are pretty much on the same team with maybe a few exceptions. You judge a tree by its fruits. The republicans have taken us in the same direction the democrats have but just on a slower train. Ask yourself what is the difference? I really believe Trump is different but he is standing alone in politics. The US is the last hope for freedom in the world and devil is doing all he can to get us out of the way. Once the Americans are disarmed the light will go out. That’s why the world hates white boys. Every time the dems get some heat on them here comes another shooting. Perfect timing. I use to think people in power had morals, they don’t. There is nothing they will not do.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    Boys, Both sides of the isle are pretty much on the same team with maybe a few exceptions. You judge a tree by its fruits. The republicans have taken us in the same direction the democrats have but just on a slower train. Ask yourself what is the difference? I really believe Trump is different but he is standing alone in politics. The US is the last hope for freedom in the world and devil is doing all he can to get us out of the way. Once the Americans are disarmed the light will go out. That’s why the world hates white boys. Every time the dems get some heat on them here comes another shooting. Perfect timing. I use to think people in power had morals, they don’t. There is nothing they will not do.
    Amen- the truth has been spoken

Yeah . . . Might be time to stock up and get a good hiding spot ready.

I think there may be room to make a tactical compromise on the current background checks. What I am against is a gun registration. The government should never have a list of what guns are in circulation. I already am suspicious of the information collected when I buy a gun. The background check could be decoupled from gun serial numbers and focus on the individual purchasing the gun. Some states already have a form of background check in which the buyer applies for a gun owner permit. Once attained, he/she is free to buy guns from an FFL. I am still in firm opposition to any law that restricts private sales, except possibly requiring the seller to confirm the buyer has his permit. No records would be kept except by prudent sellers but those records would remain in private hands. We could call it "meaningful common sense gun legislation", tout it as "closing the gun show loophole" and move further away from gun registration. I already wish I could do a NICS check when I sell a gun but without FFL involvement or record keeping. I don't want to sell a gun to a psycho or criminal but I also don't want more records kept on my gun ownership.

It still sticks in my throat, though, having to get any type of permit or permission from a government entity to exercise a basic human right. We're already so far down that road that we need to start tactically reducing the laws that are already in effect. We're not going to be able to get rid of background checks but we may be able to weaken the gun registration component of it and focus on the buyer, not the gun. At some point down the road, the liberal crowd will see this focus on the buyer as discrimination and start the rally cry to end background checks because it unfairly discriminates on criminals.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 08-10-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Truth!