Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dove Stool / Hunting Seat

Pellegrino is nice, out of the glass bottle.. plastic sucks on both, the Perrier 10 oz cans are my go to, l'orange or plain. I like, sometimes my wife will mix it up, then it's schwepps club soda, schwepps is my favorite club.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Here you go man
    I've got some of those. Not for my butt any more. My 9yo can sit on it though. I have some buckets that are alright. I just need something with a back really.

I grew up sitting on one of these with a homemade cushion seat.

vintage-5-gallon-john-deere-special-purpose-motor-oil-can-nice-nr-sign-can.jpg

Its really comfortable sitting on your nuts all day

I grew up with one of those green box pop ups.. still smell the burnt old rubber smell. I can only get the damn thing closed about half the time though.

Metal fold out director style chair. Has storage pouch under seat. Comfy has cup holder as well.

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I have the director style chair myself and its quite comfy. Kinda like some of those swivel stools with the back rest though. Might try one of those next.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I knew this was coming

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    I know several people that have the Peregrine bucket and they seem to like it. Biggest pro to them is the backpack straps for walking. They seem a little “gimmicky” to me.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/act...ldCatid=176166

I have had this one for a couple years and have no complaints. Like the back rest, like the built in cooler, can open with one hand, can carry by the shoulder strap or the handle on the bottom of the back rest.
    These are awesome. I've had one for 6-8 years and would not have anything else.

Amateur hour in here. This is what comfy looks like...

Drop off at stand with truck or SxS, along with cooler, gun, and 2 or 3 mojos. It has a swivel top as well.

03472A58-F45C-4A4D-958D-5263A80DC204.jpeg
    Last edited by wskinner; 08-09-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Better make it 4 mojos on the tree. To pull in those hi fliers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

No one using the millennium chairs.

I thought I was fancy because I had the folding stool WITH the back until I read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Here you go man

Attachment 48015
    End thread, comfortable, light, and cheap, it also gives you the perfect height in a ground blind
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by SCSportsman View Post
    I’ve got one of those too. Around the fire can’t be beat. But still have to tote a cooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Damn yuppie's. Yall rich boys overthink this,
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

This is what I use for 80% of my dove and deer hunting. I added the string to it and sling it quarter arms over my shoulder. Small, lightweight, easy and quiet to deploy when slip hunting for deer. I have 2-3 of these and keep one in the truck year round.

20190810_084827.jpg
    Last edited by scatter shot; 08-10-2019 at 09:29 AM.

But when I find a good spot to set up on and will be there a while I use this chair with a few mods done to it. I added back packing straps on one side and attached a fleece backpack to the other side that hold several pieces of camo burlap, cord, limb shears and a thermo cell.. Throw in some home made shooting sticks and I'm good for long sits in comfort.
    It folds up flat and is easy to slip around in the woods with.

867.jpg
    Last edited by scatter shot; 08-10-2019 at 08:11 AM.

I prefer to stand up to shoot. Most stools are too short for me to be able to jump up easily so I got one that is a bit taller and made more like a leaning post. It has a built in soft cooler under the seat.

81O0sbCAteL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Browning-Camp...ateway&sr=8-13
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 08-10-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    I know several people that have the Peregrine bucket and they seem to like it. Biggest pro to them is the backpack straps for walking. They seem a little “gimmicky” to me.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/act...ldCatid=176166

I have had this one for a couple years and have no complaints. Like the back rest, like the built in cooler, can open with one hand, can carry by the shoulder strap or the handle on the bottom of the back rest.
    that thing is heavy as hell. pretty sure i have one if the OP wants it. let me know. its yours.

i have a bucket. i like to be mobile. much like HS, I take enough shells on my person and walk around a lot....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.