Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    Rumor is tundra is getting turbos with one of the Lexus engines.
    You spend entirely too much time on forums
    More fuel = more boost!!

KRT What is the fix to disable the annoying engine shutoff feature on 2018 F150?

5hrs in the break room each night is boring.

Service manager at dealer actually told me that one. Said that’s what they are sending the techs for training instead of diesel training. I keep asking him about the diesel option in tundra ever coming to market.
    Last edited by wdhigh; 08-08-2019 at 12:21 PM.

I haven't had a problem with mine yet. I like it, plus I feel hip driving it, kinda makes me feel younger.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Are guys not maintaining their vehicles properly or are there just so many eccoboosts on the road you are going to have problems from X number of them? I have an eccoboost at 100k and 5 of my good friends have them well past 100k, one of them past 200k miles and haven’t had the first issue.

From my understanding a lot of problems happen when you trust the “change oil now” light. I’ve changed mine at 4500mi since new and it’s ran like a top.

That said it’ll blow on the way to the grocery store today.
    Right there with you with my 18' regarding the oil change.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

If you look at the picture closely, that engine hasn't been deprived of oil changes....
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    KRT What is the fix to disable the annoying engine shutoff feature on 2018 F150?

There is a couple of company's that make a Autostop Eliminator you can search ebay and some of the truck sites have them. There is some youtube videos that show how to pull the button out and attach this to it and it looks like a pretty simple and clean install. I have a 2018 and have looked into this as well this seemed to be the best solution I found for just doing this. Now you can use FORSCAN to do it also and a bunch of other stuff but its gets more complicated. https://www.autostopeliminator.com/c...top-eliminator

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Are guys not maintaining their vehicles properly or are there just so many eccoboosts on the road you are going to have problems from X number of them? I have an eccoboost at 100k and 5 of my good friends have them well past 100k, one of them past 200k miles and haven’t had the first issue.

From my understanding a lot of problems happen when you trust the “change oil now” light. I’ve changed mine at 4500mi since new and it’s ran like a top.

That said it’ll blow on the way to the grocery store today.
    Same here. I've had 4 of em and drive the crap out of em. Many friends have the same. No issues and nothing comes close when it comes to pulling. Chevy not even on the same planet!

Quote Originally Posted by 03Cobra View Post
    There is a couple of company's that make a Autostop Eliminator you can search ebay and some of the truck sites have them. There is some youtube videos that show how to pull the button out and attach this to it and it looks like a pretty simple and clean install. I have a 2018 and have looked into this as well this seemed to be the best solution I found for just doing this. Now you can use FORSCAN to do it also and a bunch of other stuff but its gets more complicated. https://www.autostopeliminator.com/c...top-eliminator

Your shit still gonna blow up
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Your shit still gonna blow up
    Haters going to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by 03Cobra View Post
    I think it's too much money for what it is, but I bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by head hunter View Post
    Same here. I've had 4 of em and drive the crap out of em. Many friends have the same. No issues and nothing comes close when it comes to pulling. Chevy not even on the same planet!
    You must be on another planet.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    You must be on another planet.
    hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    I think it's too much money for what it is, but I bought one.
    perhaps. All I can vouch for is mine and several farmer and timber cruiser friends with 200,000 miles on them.

Quote Originally Posted by head hunter View Post
    perhaps. All I can vouch for is mine and several farmer and timber cruiser friends with 200,000 miles on them.
    Good to know. Having to spend 85 bucks to get around something that Ford was mandated to do to hit a govt regulation kind of chaps my ass a bit. Like having to press a button to turn the damned feature off at the first stop sign or light I came to chapped me as well.

Whatever I spent on the thing will probably be recouped by not having to replace a starter sooner.

I did the simple unplug on mine and haven't had any problems yet. Took all of two seconds.

Someone in the timber business with a truck that has 200,000 miles on it... sounds fishy

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Someone in the timber business with a truck that has 200,000 miles on it... sounds fishy
    X2