Thread: Reason 2000 to invest in drone tech

Default Reason 2000 to invest in drone tech

Very soon we will have ultra affordable uber drones running us from Columbia to Charleston. Greenville to Charlotte. Sumter to, well lets not get carried away here.

From bus sized units to personal. GPS precision. Anything to get us away from I-26. I cannot wait...

The tech has been tested for decades, and no sustainable use has been found. Longevity and field-logistics are the main issue.

Perfect for pirates overtaking oil tankers.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Perfect for pirates overtaking oil tankers.
    Or Navy Seals taking over pirated oil tankers.

He's flying low, over water, with a chase boat...
    for a reason.

Getting closer...

Microdrones, like the ones that do the light shows in the sky, should terrify all of us. They are capable of exacting unimaginable terror and damage from a strategic standpoint up to and including surveillance and lethal measures. They can work autonomously and are aware of each other's locations. Take all of that with the fact that we have no way to defend against 200 of anything that has full 3D capabilities and is the size of a box of Kleenex, other than that, they look like fun. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I am more worried about the estimated $4.00 per mile to be profitable. That is a $750 ticket from Greenville to Charleston, although I am sure there will be a Jetblue/Greyhound of the drone bidness...

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Microdrones, like the ones that do the light shows in the sky, should terrify all of us. They are capable of exacting unimaginable terror and damage from a strategic standpoint up to and including surveillance and lethal measures. They can work autonomously and are aware of each other's locations. Take all of that with the fact that we have no way to defend against 200 of anything that has full 3D capabilities and is the size of a box of Kleenex, other than that, they look like fun. MG
    You've never seen Gander shoot sporting clays.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I am more worried about the estimated $4.00 per mile to be profitable. That is a $750 ticket from Greenville to Charleston, although I am sure there will be a Jetblue/Greyhound of the drone bidness...
    In my life of being over-educated at The UofSC Graduate School of Business, they taught us that no business idea is a good idea unless it can be scaled. The is no way flying cars can be scaled. Truthfully flying planes cannot be scaled, it's just the cost of entry that saves us from ourselves. So my conclusion would be that it is good that any flying conveyance remains expensive, lest it attempts to be scaled. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

This could change duck hunting as we know it! ha ha
    At least I'm housebroken.

I know how to scale a bream.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    In my life of being over-educated at The UofSC Graduate School of Business, they taught us that no business idea is a good idea unless it can be scaled. The is no way flying cars can be scaled. Truthfully flying planes cannot be scaled, it's just the cost of entry that saves us from ourselves. So my conclusion would be that it is good that any flying conveyance remains expensive, lest it attempts to be scaled. MG
    Maserati Boy could take it to a new level, crashing into houses and such...

what a classic guy he is.
    At least I'm housebroken.