Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Left handed scatterguns

i grew up a mixed household. My dad was the lefty. His father was a righty but most of his guns were stacked or SxS so it didnt matter to my dad. the few autos my grampa had were righty and my dad just dealt with it. same with a spinning reel. cast left handed. flip the bail. put rod in right hand....GO.

son1 is a lefty, but thank goodness is right eye dominant. i went thru the same thing, slaya....wondering about a left handed shotgun. Truth be told, if I were getting him his OWN shotgun, i'd go lefty. If I'm getting a shotgun that he will primarily use but its still MINE, i'd go righty. kids are resilient and he would be just fine....

now...the A400 is a great gun. they aint cheap although I am. I'd go used. I dont love an M2 like the cool crowd but its a decent choice, too.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Mine is lefty and left eye dominant. I am contemplating getting him his own shotgun, and if I do, I'd want it to be something that will last. Like you, though, I'm cheap, and have enough tied up in that rascal, at the moment. A $1400 A400 may have to wait for a bit, unless I can run across a used something or other.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    You left dominant too FG?
    Yes
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Have you looked at a Browning B-80? older gun, sure, but great for left-handed shooters.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

son1 is a lefty, but thank goodness is right eye dominant. i went thru the same thing, slaya....wondering about a left handed shotgun. Truth be told, if I were getting him his OWN shotgun, i'd go lefty. If I'm getting a shotgun that he will primarily use but its still MINE, i'd go righty. kids are resilient and he would be just fine....
    No. What is wrong with you?

Lefty 11-87. You're welcome.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/818460200

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Not a Benelli fan, but if one were to like them, this would be hard to beat.

Benelli ~ Super Black Eagle II LH ~ 12 Ga. for sale
    https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101271980

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Lefty 11-87 here. 20 years faithful service with a few normal parts here and there.

Another one: ttps://www.gunbroker.com/item/819456816
    Last edited by walt4dun; 08-08-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Slaya, I sent you a PM, don't know if it went through.

Bob
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Does beating your dog make you feel good about being a poor trainer?