Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left handed scatterguns

Default Left handed scatterguns

I have a Lefty in the house that has been shooting righty guns lefty for years. He is now taller than me, and in need of an adult sized shotgun. I'd like to get him a 12 ga semi-auto that he can have going forward. I bought a RH Berretta last year for him, which he did alright with, as he has shot off both sholders in the past. Lately, he's begun to figure out he's better off staying lefty. I'll give the RH 12 ga to the little one, but now need a LH for the older. What companies even make a LH semi-auto? I suspect it will be something I will probably have to order? Prefer gas-operated vs. inertia driven.

Thoughts?

A quick search showed Benelli, Beretta, and Franchi making left handed shotguns. If gas is a requirement, then it looks like the Beretta A400 action is your choice.

Benelli-M2, Montefeltro, SBE3, (SBE2 but probably hard to find)
    Beretta- A400 Extreme/Plus, Xplor
    Franchi-Affinity

In order...
    1) A400
    2) A400
    3) A400

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Thanks, I was already looking at the a400. I guess now I just have to find one...

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
    Thanks, I was already looking at the a400. I guess now I just have to find one...
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...2g+28+LEFTHAND

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/ber...un-left-handed

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/815908883

^^Don't have to buy on gunbroker. Call Reeds sporting goods in MN and purchase over the phone and they will ship to your FFL. Same company. No taxes, free shipping.

Check his eye dominance before spending a dime on a lefty gun.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I'm right handed at everything but left eye dominant so I shoot lefty. A lefty gun makes a huuuge difference. Especially a shotgun. I just thought it was normal to have spent shells flying past your face every shot ha ha. Good for you for jumping on board with him! If He needs a rifle I've got a lefty Browning 300 Win Mag Medallion series I'll sell ya.

One of my kids is lefty but shoots right handed. I never checked his eye dominance bc he's very deadly for a 12 yr old and I don't want him outshooting me.

That's a fair point, SW. I might better rethink this thing...

Another vote for checking eye dominance before making a purchase. I shot skeet this weekend with a shooter that's left eye dominant but has been shooting right handed for years despite knowing that. Needless to say he didn't shoot very well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
    That's a fair point, SW. I might better rethink this thing...
    Oh it's real. My 14 year old can give me 10 targets and still beat my ass. I just quit shooting with him. Can't afford shells for both of us anyway

I accepted that I was a minority as a lefty and just shoot right handed firearms, left handed and I guess I always will. Easier to find and sell and if I need parts I figured it would be easier.
    Likely my next purchase will be a 20g O/U so I guess that is ambidextrous depending on the model and cast/offset or whatever its called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very lefty, but shot right handed guns until I was in college.

I shot a BPS for over a decade and then bought an SBE II in lefty and love it. All my rifles are right.
    Last edited by Chessbay; 08-07-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Food for thought...my son is also right handed, but left eye dominant. The youth shotgun that he shot was a right handed gun that I shimmed to be cast-on for a lefty. When he was ready for an adult sized shotgun, I bought him a left-hand M2...he hated it. He was so used to loading and everything oriented to a right handed shotgun that he couldn't get used to the lefty gun. Had to sell it and get him a righty shotgun.
    Several different makers sell guns with shims to turn a righty gun to lefty.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Benelli M2 is a very fine lefty semi-auto shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    In order...
    1) A400
    2) A400
    3) A400
    Yup
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I've never shot anything but a right handed gun. I don't even see the shells ejecting. Just switch the safety and move on. To be fair, I'm no world class marksman, so maybe sub consciously I do see those spent shells and screws me all up. I'll probably never know.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

You left dominant too FG?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft