Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thinking about a rifle change...

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    I generally agree and for a quick check I’d take it, too.

Just trying to get a feel for what kind of accuracy guys are seeing with 7-08 factory loads in the T3 Lite or Superlite Stainless rifles. I’m familiar with Tikka’s 1” MOA guarantee, but curious as to the real world experiences.

Thanks.
    I have shot the 7-08 several times and had the holes cloverleaf touching each other.
    Cant always repeat it, but its me and not the gun when off a little

I generally agree and for a quick check I’d take it, too.

Just trying to get a feel for what kind of accuracy guys are seeing with 7-08 factory loads in the T3 Lite or Superlite Stainless rifles. I’m familiar with Tikka’s 1” MOA guarantee, but curious as to the real world experiences.

Thanks.
    Got a T3 Lite in .308. Shoots 150’s very well 1” and under on a buddy’s NBT load and 3031. I use my 165grn NBT load over 46grn of Varget that’s lights out in my other .308’s and it’s 1.25” on a good day 1.5” on average. Dropped it in a B&C stock and it’s the same. Gun feels great, action is great just doesn’t like that load. Seriously considering thinning it from the herd.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Got a T3 Lite in .308. Shoots 150’s very well 1” and under on a buddy’s NBT load and 3031. I use my 165grn NBT load over 46grn of Varget that’s lights out in my other .308’s and it’s 1.25” on a good day 1.5” on average. Dropped it in a B&C stock and it’s the same. Gun feels great, action is great just doesn’t like that load. Seriously considering thinning it from the herd.
    Have you tried using lighter bullets?

My Tikka 588 wood/blue .243 would shoot 'lights out' (1.135" @ 200 yds in X ring) with 70 gr NBT's), but the groups would open up quite a bit 1.5"-2" with 100 gr Sierra Match Kings. I found the stock to have a slight warping that touched one lower quarter of the barrel at the end of the stock. I cleaned that out and things look pretty good overall.

Other than the .3 lbs lighter weight, and the fluted barrel, are there any other real differences between the T3x Lite and Superlite rifles?

ecu, which rifle do you have in the 7mm-08?
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 09-02-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Tikka T3 Lite w/ 2lb trigger

Have you tried using lighter bullets?

My Tikka 588 wood/blue .243 would shoot 'lights out' (1.135" @ 200 yds in X ring) with 70 gr NBT's), but the groups would open up quite a bit 1.5"-2" with 100 gr Sierra Match Kings. I found the stock to have a slight warping that touched one lower quarter of the barrel at the end of the stock. I cleaned that out and things look pretty good overall. I need to retest the groups after installing the Swarovski scope I'm putting on it.

Other than the .3 lbs lighter weight, and the fluted barrel, are there any other real differences between the T3x Lite and Superlite rifles?

Yeah, read it again. The gun likes 150’s, not 165’s. I have a load three other .308’s love and will get rid of the gun before I do something special for it. Gun feels fantastic though.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Yeah, read it again. The gun likes 150’s, not 165’s. I have a load three other .308’s love and will get rid of the gun before I do something special for it. Gun feels fantastic though.
    Gotcha. I should have clarified that I'm not familiar with .308 bullet weight ranges so I was thinking more in line of sub-150's, but I fully understand not wanting to do something special for one gun when you have others that handle a wider range of bullet weights well.

Does anyone shoot a T3x Superlite (other than ecu1984)? If so, what caliber and what's your experience with them?
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 09-02-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    ~ George Washington

Gotcha. I should have clarified that I'm not familiar with .308 bullet weight ranges so I was thinking more in line of sub-150's, but I fully understand not wanting to do something special for one gun when you have others that handle a wider range of bullet weights well.

Does anyone shoot a T3x Superlite? If so, what caliber and what's your experience with them?
    I also have the T3 Superlite in .270
    It's the gun I currently sit with. Its not for sale
    is the best review I can give it. Stainless with the fluted barrel

Buy a bow and start hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I also have the T3 Superlite in .270.
    I noted that earlier. Thanks for the info. I was wondering if anyone else was using one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Have one and do, but not all of our hunting areas are suited for bow hunting, and we don’t use bait piles. Thanks.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 08-30-2019 at 06:43 AM.
    ~ George Washington

T3 Superlite in 7mm-08 here. Has a B&C stock and Leupold VX-6 with firedot on top... it's my go to deer rifle. Shoots better than I do (sub MOA).

Quote Originally Posted by SCSportsman View Post
    T3 Superlite in 7mm-08 here. Has a B&C stock and Leupold VX-6 with firedot on top... it's my go to deer rifle. Shoots better than I do (sub MOA).
    What kind of groups did you get with it before you put the B&C stock on it... or did you get it with it? And have you checked the groups at distances longer than 100 yds? If so, how'd they do? And what ammo are you using?

Thanks.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 08-31-2019 at 07:39 AM.
    ~ George Washington