Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of State deer hunting

Default Out of State deer hunting

So who all has there plans nailed down?

Whos still looking and planning?

Where yall fellas headed out to this year?
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

SE Ohio. Going opening weekend then every chance I get until a big ‘un gets tipped over by my Hoyt or I run out of days. After hunting up there for a few years I have no clue why every state doesn’t run deer season from the last weekend in September til the end of January.

You have private or do you hunt public?
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Mule deer and Elk in Montana . Will be there for rifle opener

Kansas .last day of oct heading out,

WV, week of Thanksgiving. Barring a local flood changing my vacation time, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    WV, week of Thanksgiving.
    Same.

I don't think I am going this year with the new addition. I have some buddies going back to Indiana.

Illinois leaving day after Halloween

Week in KY, November rifle
    Week in KS, December ducks
    Week in KY, December muzzleloader
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

One of my close relatives just got a great job buying natural gas rights (wells) from farmers in Ohio a year ago.
    I just happened to ask him about lease opportunities he runs across and he said he meets a different
    farmer every day and was going to find me a small quality tract. Fingers crossed, I just talked to him about an hr ago.

Kansas Nov. 14th
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Headed to Kansas the first two weeks of November.

One of my close relatives just got a great job buying natural gas rights (wells) from farmers in Ohio a year ago.
    I just happened to ask him about lease opportunities he runs across and he said he meets a different
    farmer every day and was going to find me a small quality tract. Fingers crossed, I just talked to him about an hr ago.
    If you can get the right piece of ground Ohio is an amazing place to hunt. Biggest problem we run into is the locals. They think just because they were born near a piece of land they have permission to hunt it. Gun season up there means man drives and they will stomp your land just like they pay the taxes on it. Plan on having issues with locals if you get permission on a spot. That’s the bad side. The good side is it’s some amazing deer habitat with high trophy potential. And you can leave in the morning to hunt that same afternoon. The non-fuckhead locals are some of the kindest people I’ve ever met.

I shit you not - I was leaving a farm we have leased one morning. While I was hunting I listened to the gravel trucks dumping and spreading several loads of rock on a county road. No joke, an hour after the state crew left there were 3 dirtnecks loading their truck beds to the max with as much gravel as they could steal.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    If you can get the right piece of ground Ohio is an amazing place to hunt. Biggest problem we run into is the locals. They think just because they were born near a piece of land they have permission to hunt it. Gun season up there means man drives and they will stomp your land just like they pay the taxes on it. Plan on having issues with locals if you get permission on a spot. That’s the bad side. The good side is it’s some amazing deer habitat with high trophy potential. And you can leave in the morning to hunt that same afternoon. The non-fuckhead locals are some of the kindest people I’ve ever met.

I shit you not - I was leaving a farm we have leased one morning. While I was hunting I listened to the gravel trucks dumping and spreading several loads of rock on a county road. No joke, an hour after the state crew left there were 3 dirtnecks loading their truck beds to the max with as much gravel as they could steal.
    I have never hunted there but have driven thru some beautiful agriculture areas of Ohio as you enter from WVA.
    Corn as far as you can see in many parts

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post

Sounds like Greenwood.
    Go Tigers!

SW Iowa Nov Archery. May stay out there cause I’ll be divorce after spending 2 weeks in WY and CO.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Sounds like Greenwood.
    Come on up anytime, I’ll even buy you a meal at the Mexican restaurant
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Flying to Ohio next weekend to look at a farm. See what the hype is all about (I’ll just be looking for turkeys)

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Come on up anytime, I’ll even buy you a meal at the Mexican restaurant
    After you load his truck up with gravel.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?