Thread: Cuddelink IR Cameras

Default Cuddelink IR Cameras

Anyone running the Cuddelink Ir camers? How do they do? Battery Life? Any issues?

I bought 4. Sold them 2 months after I bought them to some person in Indiana. Do not buy them. Battery life is terrible and complicated as hell to set up.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 08-06-2019 at 01:53 PM.

I bought 2 a couple years ago and hate them, picture quality and battery life sucked. I think they’re buried in my truck toolbox somewhere.

Some guys at my club in Ohio with more $$$ than myself have been messing with the cell/link cameras pretty much since they came out. They are cool For obvious reasons when you are 6 hours from the club. They all agree the spartan cam is the best one on the market. For service, signal, battery life, etc they are buying nothing but spartan now. They have at least a dozen running all hooked to Verizon service and they are tickled with them.

I have them on my property- no issues with the cameras or battery life and also not hard to set up- the issue I found is that only about 1/3 of the pictures taken by each individual camera were transmitted back to the home camera.
    Each camera took about 3000 pics during deer season with only about 1000 transmitted home from each one- I found this out when I pulled the camera cards after the season.

I miss read, I was talking about the regular cuddeback IR not the Cuddelink. I have no experience with those.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    I have them on my property- no issues with the cameras or battery life and also not hard to set up- the issue I found is that only about 1/3 of the pictures taken by each individual camera were transmitted back to the home camera.
    Each camera took about 3000 pics during deer season with only about 1000 transmitted home from each one- I found this out when I pulled the camera cards after the season.
    Were they programmed for 3 picture burst? If so it only transmits the first picture from my research.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is an old thread, but couldnt find any others on the topic?

Trying to figure out a way to get cell trail cam at my place, but my issue is that I only have cell service at the top of a ridge and on a small part of my property. Been reading up a little bit on the cuddelink cell, where if I am understanding this correctly, you can put your "home" camera in a place with decent cell service and then all the other cameras route back through that camera and will transmit the pictures. Forgive me if this is old technology and I am slow on the uptake, but this is what I need. Sounds a little too good to be true, but wondering if any of you are running these and what the experience has been? If you have this set up - how far from the "home" camera can the other cameras be? The website says 1/2 a mile if it is wooded and a mile across open fields --- but then also seems to indicate you can tether the cameras to a degree.

I run 10 cuddebacks and like them. There are a lot of factors that depends on whether you’ll be happy or not. Also, we struggled with vzw service at our place but att works pretty well so I went that route.

Let me get back to a computer and I’ll answer you in more detail.

Thanks RT - appreciate any feedback you or others may have.