Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: low country lift

Default low country lift

Or the Horry Cnty lift or the Aynor lift, whatever it is...Why do they only do half a lift? Can they not afford a complete lift?

We just got back from a week at the beach and those things were all over the place. There has to be some purpose. It is not for beauty. Why?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

It replicates the appearance of trucks hauling tobacco to the market "back in the day"
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

I don't see how they can see at night with the headlights shining in the tree tops

Its so you can load the fat girls up easier. They are the only ones giving them some.. well I'm sure there are a few mud crickets mixed in too.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

All teenage generations have fads. In my time it was either jacked up to the sky on 44's or lowered slam to the ground. Remember the jacked up rearends on classic sports cars with the fat drag tire? Some kid had an idea to be different and it caught on. As long as they aren't behind me blinding me in the rearview I don't have a problem with it. Let em be teenagers.

I bet it started when a kid was installing a lift and could only get the front done in a days time. Then he drove it to school like that the next day. Young morons told him how cool it looked...and bam!...the dumbest fad since parachute pants was born.
    I would not drive a squatted truck to the store even if I was out of beer.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I put a leveling kit on my front end and the front sat 1/2”-1” higher. Drove me insane before I corrected it by bringing up the rear end too. Looking at the ground in your rearview and not being able to see down the road behind you as well as it just driving like shit. That trend is head scratcher for me for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The crap that developed around Aynor was from kids maxing out the torsion keys on older chevys to stuff 35s under them. Used to be the old buckshots before mud grapplers came out. Then came the idiots stacking 4 inches worth of leveling spacers and it all went downhill from there. People at the beach and eastern NC took it to a whole other level of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    I bet it started when a kid was installing a lift and could only get the front done in a days time. Then he drove it to school like that the next day. Young morons told him how cool it looked...and bam!...the dumbest fad since parachute pants was born.
    Parachute pants >>> squatted trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Parachute pants >>> squatted trucks
    Agreed.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    I don't believe you

It makes it easier to dump old washing machines, refrigerators and household garbage out on deserted roads.

Kids with air bags in my day would cruise around with the front sky high. Kind of letting everyone know they could do that. It was the cool thing to do, but if they saw cops they could drop it real quick. I think this is just a cheap way of duplicating that stance unfortunately in a static way. I don't understand how it is legal at all. Worse than driving a Corvette.

I think coastal pretty much nailed it. Never looked at it that way.

Regardless I think it’s pretty trashy.

Carolina Squat
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Squatting trucks is the white boys answer to the stupid ass black fad of saggin pants

[QUOTE=ColumbiaCornbread;2643460] Worse than driving a Corvette.

Not looking for a message board fight, but, just gotta know what you have against an American classic?

O-ree ain't the low country
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by justpracticin View Post
    It replicates the appearance of trucks hauling tobacco to the market "back in the day"
    Thought it was replicating a dog droppin a deuce?

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    I don't see how they can see at night with the headlights shining in the tree tops
    More like shining in the faces of oncoming drivers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft