Thread: Mud buddy LT 25hp Kolher

Default Mud buddy LT 25hp Kolher

Fixing to buy a new prop, what’s the secret in removing old one. I’m sure it a 3/4-10 hub. And what’s a good prop size for general riding.

U mean u aint got a prop wrench laying around in your pile of stuff?
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

9x7 tiger prop or order one from ron hill a little cheaper. Call me and ill tell u trick to getting prop off
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Tim you get a new number? Or you just ignoring me?

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Fixing to buy a new prop, what’s the secret in removing old one. I’m sure it a 3/4-10 hub. And what’s a good prop size for general riding.
    4' piece of flat bar with a hole 2-3 inches up big enough to fit the 3/4" shaft through. Add some heat if its never been off and cool with penetrating oil.

9x7 is a good size wheel but it depends on the boat. I'd tell you to call Hopkins Propeller in La but Glen Hopkins passed away last month. He was a great wheel man.

Pro tip: Load the threads up with anti seize and remove prop once per year, check balance and reinstall.
    Last edited by cajunwannabe; 08-04-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Flat bar
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Just sell me the motor
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

The boat and motor has sat for years, pulled it out the weeds , had to replace the fuel pump and throttle cable broke. Looked around and couldn’t find a throttle cable, looked a little more and found one off a Honda 4 wheeler. It worked excellent . I ordered a 9~7 backwater

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pull the electric fuel shutoff solenoid and cut the needle off and put the solenoid back in. If you ever kill a battery and need a jump start the motor won't stay running when you disconnect the jumper cables due to that electric shutoff solenoid needing power.

What boat are you running this motor on?
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill