Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceteris paribus - All else being equal

Well fellas another weekend of exciting college football behind us that we could have spent hunting Both teams made a strong showing, but now it seems the kittens and chickens are on even ground. I say we give the shit talking [img]graemlins/008.gif[/img] a break for a week as neither team has much in the way of bragging rights.
    So onto important topics... anybody killin' any deer... and when are Fish and Hammers gonna take us offshore [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Overtime lose to a real team, or a not-so-big blow out of a shitty team.
    I say the TIGERS are still much better than the chicks.

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

And that ain't saying shit! Just like kissing your sister - SC College Football - average at best and both suck - face the damn facts as one commentator said Clemson is two bad calls by official from being 0 and FOUR!
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

Yall should not talk shit this week ya lost, no matter how it happen, ya lost....

GO COCKS! we needed a W, to take to alabama wid us, cuz it will be interesting.

I call it a blow out, i did not know there was a scale to measure them.... [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Well, at least Red found his way home.

The rest must have gotten lost.

I'm here...but i sure ain't comparing USC and Clemson. The only way to say that 2-2 teams are even is to play each other.

I think my alma mater is 2-2 (davidson) and I USC might even whip them....

And how do all you shamecock fans get off saying we are a few referee calls from being 0-4 when you didnt even watch the games? you obviously believe every thing you hear, though....so consider the source.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I've watched all but one of the kitten games this year ('cept I fell asleep on Saturday 'cause I thought they could take BC after the 1st half... guess I was wrong) they have been exciting, but the numbers don't lie 2&2 is 2&2 period. Until 11-19 it's all apples and oranges, and unless USC developes some blocking ability or experiences devine intervention it could be a bad day for the Gamecocks... just have to wait and see.
    So did anybody kill any deer this weekend or not? I got skunked Sat. morning and Sunday evening

You sound like your feelings are hurt.....you act like nobody else has a TV and they definitely don't watch it as good as you..... [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I did not watch the clemson game, but the ESPN radio said yall are gonna be called the cardiac cats.......taking em into OT is good football....You still lost....

and your wins were as insignificant as ours.....deal wid it.........i just wanna know who in the acc let Bowden line up all the cupcakes for this team with so much football history...i mean, Wake, Nc State, Temple, Duke, Georgia Tech, then FSU and Gamecocks..........

yalls newbies to the conference both put you in your place.......destined to be mediocre!

Yall will have alot more wins this year, not cuz you are a powerhouse either.......my shit talkin is done for this week

I'm here. Tigers lost on Saturday. They are 2 and 2 and have several road games coming up. The Tigers have three cup-cakes left, Temple, Duke and USuC. Two of those three are at home. One is at our second home, The Brice. The Tigers will still make a good year out of it. One thing's for sure. It's exciting.

Go Tigers!
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

A good year? You think 5 or 6 wins is a good year? Frank Howard would be ashamed at the low expectations of present day Clemson fans. We should EXPECT to win 8 or more games every year. Bowden should have been canned 3 years ago.....we would be better for it today.
    Feeling good\'s good enough...

and a fair weather fan shows himself!

you bash your own team unless they are winning??

[img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

oh wait, shoulda, coulda, woulda

I NEVER bash my team but I am a realist. We are not a good team, we are poorly coached and our fans are all too quick to accept mediocrity. Those are the facts.

Do you really want to get into a pissing contest, chicken?

Ceteris paribus boys.... neither team is doing well. As for me I'm gonna look for some Auburn footage and see what we're up for Saturday and you Tiger fans need to enjoy the next month to get some W's while you can.
    So I guess that's a no on the deer question

Oh yeah..... GO COCKS!

i quivered and released my first bow shot ever, she was obviously to far away.....getting a little ancy.....seen alot of deer outta bow range....

there it is done~!

Originally posted by 2thDoc:

And how do all you shamecock fans get off saying we are a few referee calls from being 0-4 when you didnt even watch the games?
    I watched the game and saw the bad calls replayed over and over. Boston College scored the winning touchdown two plays earlier..........but the refs gave the tigers another chance by spotting it on the 1 yd line. It didn't make any difference in the end. The defense could not stop BC when they smelled blood.

During the first(Tx a&m) game I saw two different bad spots by the refs which, in both cases, gave Clemson a 1st down which ,a few plays later, resulted in a field goal. They showed the replay several times. One the ref missed the mark by 4 feet.

There were bad calls in the Md game also(like the lateral/fumble called an incomplete pass), however Clemson played some ball in the 4th quarter overcoming any questionable calls in this game.

So without the favorable calls Clemson should be 1-3 at this point.

I still seeing Clemson winning all remaining games except Fla State..........thus giving them their 8 win season before their bowl game.

I see Carolina only winning 1 more game this season(Ky).

Carolina should win the next three games... Vandy may be having their best season in history, but it is still fucking Vandy!

Auburn is an almost definite loss....and Jay Cutler is better than Whitehurst and Mitchell combined. I don't believe the Cocks can beat Vandy. Yall are staring down the barrel of a 4-7 season.

its all about perspective....depending on what color glasses the viewer is wearing.

[img]graemlins/smoke.gif[/img]
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

2th, I agree with you 100%.
    I'm just proud to be here.

Where's my smilie with orange shades?!
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....