Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Wicked Wing O/U......

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Me neither except when I'm trying to hide from sharp eyed birds. I like black synthetic guns even less.
    I was in a well known sporting store years back, an independent, and that's why I won't mention it's name buying a couple of things. I happened to walk past the gun counter and spotted a beautiful 391. It was a teknys, 30 inch barrel, mint. I asked the guy behind the counter where he got it, he told me an estate sale. It has everything, I don't think the gun had been shot before. I looked at the tag, 1050. I kinda smirked, all happy like. The guy asked me what I wanted with it, I told him as another bird gun. I mention all of this because he reached back and handed me a SBEII camo. He said that's what I needed. I held back my smart comments, even though it was tough for me, didn't act like an ass or anything.. Even though he looked like a dipshit, like every other dipshit neck that you run into behind a gun counter. I had enough cash, had my single credit card I carry even though I don't use it.. I still paused. My son had an appointment at MUSC for eye surgery in three days. I'm fidgity, didn't want to waste money when I knew I was getting ready to come a bunch out of pocket. I walked away, and told him it was a pretty gun, got in my truck and headed home. I barely got out of the parking lot, and stopped. I called him back, and told him that I was riding back to buy that gun. I told me someone walked up right behind me and bought it. I felt like I'd been lied to, it was before lunch so I really wasn't expecting that. No one was in there. I went back, and he told me a guy came up behind me and put it on hold. I told him fine, if he doesn't hear from him, to please call me.

A week went by, I called back. I told a voice I didn't recognize about the gun and how I was checking in on it. He told me his buddy behind the counter I talked to put it on gunbroker for 1600 if I wanted it. I hung up the phone. That extra money didn't bother me that much, it was the point of the whole damn thing. I won't walk back in there.

Not a big Browning fan. Plus can't shorten the LOP on account of that fancy butt pad, so it's out for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I was in a well known sporting store years back, an independent, and that's why I won't mention it's name buying a couple of things. I happened to walk past the gun counter and spotted a beautiful 391. It was a teknys, 30 inch barrel, mint. I asked the guy behind the counter where he got it, he told me an estate sale. It has everything, I don't think the gun had been shot before. I looked at the tag, 1050. I kinda smirked, all happy like. The guy asked me what I wanted with it, I told him as another bird gun. I mention all of this because he reached back and handed me a SBEII camo. He said that's what I needed. I held back my smart comments, even though it was tough for me, didn't act like an ass or anything.. Even though he looked like a dipshit, like every other dipshit neck that you run into behind a gun counter. I had enough cash, had my single credit card I carry even though I don't use it.. I still paused. My son had an appointment at MUSC for eye surgery in three days. I'm fidgity, didn't want to waste money when I knew I was getting ready to come a bunch out of pocket. I walked away, and told him it was a pretty gun, got in my truck and headed home. I barely got out of the parking lot, and stopped. I called him back, and told him that I was riding back to buy that gun. I told me someone walked up right behind me and bought it. I felt like I'd been lied to, it was before lunch so I really wasn't expecting that. No one was in there. I went back, and he told me a guy came up behind me and put it on hold. I told him fine, if he doesn't hear from him, to please call me.

A week went by, I called back. I told a voice I didn't recognize about the gun and how I was checking in on it. He told me his buddy behind the counter I talked to put it on gunbroker for 1600 if I wanted it. I hung up the phone. That extra money didn't bother me that much, it was the point of the whole damn thing. I won't walk back in there.
    Cool Stary Bra..

Let me slide in that hooked on ebonics CD I have try to figure out what you were saying.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDuckhunter1979 View Post
    But only because of those tacky ass choke tubes...
    And the recoil pad.

Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    And the recoil pad.
    True

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one ugly fukin' gun!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Of the top three guns I'll never own because they suck and I hate them, that piece of garbage is on the top of the list.

Out of curiosity what's the next 2?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

I don't particularly like their looks but I can't think of any other O/U that I'd treat like a real duck gun and I do prefer a camo gun for duck hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Out of curiosity what's the next 2?
    EVERYTHING benelli makes and the Browning citori, including superposed - I consider them the same gun.

Amen on the benelli comment. Don't own anything with a buckmark, although I do shoot clays with one of those late 70's Charles Daly/Miroku copies of a Japanese Citori, so that's very close to being a lie. When I bought it 10 years ago it was hard to beat for $500 with Briley thin wall chokes already installed.

Doing research now before I drop some serious coin on a good o/u with 32" barrels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]