Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else get this email from DNR

"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Beat me to it. I was just about to post the same link.

Everyone should go watch the video and see what they are trying to accomplish before jumping to conclusions.

Im guessing they give landowners tax cut or some benefit to be part of program like they do to ranches out west. I hope it works out and john q public dont trash peoples stuff and ruin it. Pick up your trash and shotgun shells. Leave it cleaner than you found it.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

This has been in the works for a very long time, and many of the duck clubs will participate.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Never seen anybody fish like that old fella at the end.

Don’t have to worry about the liabilities ? So who’s going to cover that when it happens ?
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Don’t have to worry about the liabilities ? So who’s going to cover that when it happens ?
    Sign a waiver and liability is gone. Am I wrong?
    Go Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    Sign a waiver and liability is gone. Am I wrong?
    ROFL
    A piece of paper never stopped a plaintiff's lawyer from filing suit!
    DILLIGAF

As long as you don't have booby traps out on your property you are fine. I don't understand why people feel like there is some huge liability with letting people use their land.

Most landowners fear some A-hole suing them and taking their land.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    As long as you don't have booby traps out on your property you are fine. I don't understand why people feel like there is some huge liability with letting people use their land.
    Because people strive to find a way to get something out of someone else. If they put the effort in being productive they might be able to afford something on their own

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Beat me to it. I was just about to post the same link.

Everyone should go watch the video and see what they are trying to accomplish before jumping to conclusions.
    oh its for the children, I stand corrected. politicians and ex bureaucrats are always looking out for the little man. more govt involvement is always the solution.

my conclusions didn't change.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    And he is a stand up guy. You can take that to the bank.
    "Stand-up" as in "doesn't support tamies"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I got the email and I like the concept. It's a good thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Figured Super Dave was gonna get in on it. Wonder if he'll spoil the bushel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tamie hunts and Weilicki as a board member. Sounds like a great organization
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Hopefully it doesn't turn into a tamie shoot deal. Im gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. If I draw a tamie pond, i'll politely bow out.

I don't know anything about SCWP other than what I read on the website. With that said I know the ED, he was my neighbor in college. He's a good guy; he was, and probably still is, big into SCWA. He went to the camps and 'guided' when he was younger, then ran Camp Woodie and worked with SCWA as his full time job. I also see that Wieleki is on the board. I don't recognize any of the other names, but I'd go on a limb and say that some of them are involved with SCWA as well.

I'm going to guess that this is going to have tamies involved with it somehow, whether it is official, or unofficial, I don't know.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 08-01-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    They carry insurance.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

He no longer works for SCWA.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.