Thread: Nice one

Default Nice one

Jeff Wright spent nearly half an hour Sunday trying to reel in a monstrous mahi mahi.

He finally caught the 72.8-pound fish and is now the proud record holder for nabbing the heaviest common dolphin fish, or mahi mahi, in Maryland, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.

The fisherman caught the mahi mahi off the coast of Ocean City while practicing with friends for the upcoming White Marlin Open, the agency said.
    Shortly after noon, his rod "went crazy."

"It literally took 25 minutes to get this in," Wright, of Cambridge, Maryland, said in a statement. "I had to play it until it finally gave up."
    Wright's record beat the one held by Kim Lawson by 5 pounds. It was set in July 1985.

"It's really exciting to see anglers like Wright break records that have been on the books for decades," Recreational Fishing Outreach Coordinator Erik Zlokovitz said. "It just shows that with a little patience you could find yourself a part of Maryland's angling history."

I thought they only did crab cakes..my horizons are broadening. Nice fish.
    At least I'm housebroken.

I spent last all week in Florida. I believe I ate my body weight in Mahi Mahi.

I saw that fish this morning.

South Carolina may have set a record for biggest upset of all time earlier this spring.

Bohicket’s weather was really iffy for the Dolphin Slam.

A crew of local boys weighed in a 56lb fish on Saturday. Vodka was flowing and folks were really surprised at a fish that size, that early in the year.

Sunday rolls in and a group of out-of-towners drag in a 71lb fish.

Lifetime fish.

Unheard of in April.

.......There’s always next year.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Got the pic early this morning (before Bogster). Exiting is an understatement. Hell of fight on tackle more suited for slingers. Don't wanna name names on the internet but let me just say this fish cousins have happened to a bigger fuckin yankee

*exciting

*couldnt
    Damn autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Got the pic early this morning (before Bogster). Exiting is an understatement. Hell of fight on tackle more suited for slingers. Don't wanna name names on the internet but let me just say this fish cousins have happened to a bigger fuckin yankee
    Bravo
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Q sent me those pics in February.

[reefdonkey]

[slingers predict the gaffers]

#WhiteHatLipRippers

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I thought that was you on the group text.

Musta been your side number.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Old news
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"