Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Spypoint Wireless Trail Camera

UGA and Visor
    Thanks that helped me out
    I didn’t understand the manual either
    Which I have the micro link and it has very little info in its manual

Ya I would not go by the status
    Mine says it’s 68 it’s probably more like 98 right now

Sorry to drag this on but. I adjusted my camera to be scheduled at 9pm, two times a day. No pictures last night. This morning I set it to 7am just to see if that would change anything. Still no pictures. I know I have deer coming.

There is something called “Schedule”, which I haven’t touched but is set to Start 12am and End 12am. That is factory settings so am I suppose to adjust that too?
    Last edited by duckz; 08-23-2019 at 06:38 AM.

Basic: Photo, 10 sec., 1, High,
    Cellular: 5AM, 20, Each Detection
    Advanced Options: MDY, F, Schedule 12AM to 12AM, Fast, High
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

Yep. Looks similar except I have “Twice Daily” transmissions.
    Kinda strange that I’ve had 40 pictures yesterday; morning, evening and night.. but nothing today. I’ll give it a day and see if something sends through.

Odd you say that duckz, exact same here. Had pictures all night til 4:24am last night, expected something between then and now, but nada today.

I ran the regular link evo all last year. It seemed to me that if I tried to change the settings later after I already had it up somewhere it would freeze up and stop sending pics until I went back to it and turned it off and back on.

Not sure if that problem was just one I had but I stopped changing my settings and haven’t had any real problems since.

Also note that I get a little over 400 pics of a set of regular AA batteries.
    Setting is one minute and transmits every picture. Tried the lithium’s and only got 900 pics. New set of AA’s every 4 days was cheaper.
    I’m running it off a 12v right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, the point of one of these is to not have to go check it, which takes time and disturbs the area. As much as y’all F with them, you could just have a cheap non cellular cam
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

No kidding. They sound like a piece of shit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by flopduster View Post
    I ran the regular link evo all last year. It seemed to me that if I tried to change the settings later after I already had it up somewhere it would freeze up and stop sending pics until I went back to it and turned it off and back on.

Not sure if that problem was just one I had but I stopped changing my settings and haven’t had any real problems since.

that makes sense. It stopped after I adjusted a setting!

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    To me, the point of one of these is to not have to go check it, which takes time and disturbs the area. As much as y’all F with them, you could just have a cheap non cellular cam
    everything is on an app, you don't touch the camera. unless now, when unfortunately it probably needs to be re-set

"They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

The only problem ive seen with them is the antenna gets wore out and wont stay up very good but you can fix that problem with some tape or zip ties.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Mine was like that out of the box. Annoying but fixable. The evo antenna ain’t much better
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

just fyi, if you buy a piece of crap, don't expect it to smell like fried chicken
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

apparently there was an app update recently. check and make sure your app is up to date.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

My month free unlimited has expired. I wanted to pay for the premium unlimited photos, but my question is do I have to also buy the avid hunter package to get all my photos?
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

I bought 2 to try out. Did all the app updates as well as the update to the SIM card as well like mentioned before. The first one turned on once at my house then would never turn on again. Had brand new lithium batteries in there and switched battery packs out but it would never turn on again so it got returned. The other one set out for 2 weeks and only sent pictures at night one time which was the first night. It would occasionally send pictures during the day of turkeys and a fox but never after dark. It got returned as well. Academy didn’t ask questions just credited me the money back. Glad to see they’re working for some people but they didn’t for me

I am wondering if mine is working now. I am getting almost no pictures now. I guess the only way for me to know is go check the feeder and see if they are hitting the corn. Battery still says 94% but I don’t know if I trust that.