Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spypoint Wireless Trail Camera

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    Mine has started taking dark pictures at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just the beginning
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Just the beginning
    It will do it for a couple days and then it will go back to normal most of the time

so i am confused here.. i have been considering adding a cell camera. The options are "nationwide" or "Verizon" for the cell providers. I don't know what nationwide means, and I don't have Verizon. Can your pictures go to any cell phone number ? If so, why the two options

Quote Originally Posted by duckz View Post
    so i am confused here.. i have been considering adding a cell camera. The options are "nationwide" or "Verizon" for the cell providers. I don't know what nationwide means, and I don't have Verizon. Can your pictures go to any cell phone number ? If so, why the two options
    It’s either AT&T or Verizon. There is no cell phone number attached to it. It uses a Sim card.

so if I have this right, I choose either at&t or Verizon based on whichever has better service in my area, then it will send the pictures to my phone, even though I don't have either at&t or Verizon?

Quote Originally Posted by duckz View Post
    so if I have this right, I choose either at&t or Verizon based on whichever has better service in my area, then it will send the pictures to my phone, even though I don't have either at&t or Verizon?
    No, whatever camera you buy it will be pre-selected to what provider it will be. Some services use Verizon some use AT&T. My recommendation would be find out which has the best service in the area you were going to be hunting and then go with that one.

Ok thats what I meant. I just wasnt clear.
    Last edited by duckz; 08-10-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Yeah. No matter what cell provider you have you can use either camera. Just determines which cell towers it will work off of.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I bought the Skypoint link micro yesterday at BP for 119.00. Put it out this morning and it sent 3 pics of me filling the feeder about an hour later. Nothing since. Says it has (3) bars of signal. I feel sure something has walked in front of it since this morning.

Update the firmware

I have the link Micro it's been fine, I usually have 2 to 5 bars of service during the day, but will drop down to 1 bar at night. What could be causing this?
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

Quote Originally Posted by ftroop82 View Post
    I have the link Micro it's been fine, I usually have 2 to 5 bars of service during the day, but will drop down to 1 bar at night. What could be causing this?
    More people using the towers?

Quote Originally Posted by ftroop82 View Post
    I don't think usage would affect the signal strength. It might slow it down, but the strength shouldn't be affected.

I wonder if it could be humidity related. Is it near water or somewhere that you get some fog at night?

No, it's next to a high, hot dry field, food plot on one side and cotton on other side. I had bought the Spypoint extended antenna, but it had the same strength as the side antenna, so I just left the side antenna on the camera. i just check the status on the app and it has 5 bars now 1313 hrs.
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

I have the Link Evo. I can see the thing from my window. I see deer standing in front of it that are not getting their picture taken by it.
    Hunting outside the box

I got curious based on the reviews in this thread and picked up one of these yesterday and put it out around lunch today. Pics have been coming through, but the quality sucks compared to my other cameras. It was cheap enough, and is pretty cool to keep up with movement, but is this what everyone else is getting quality wise?

C3F38337-F33D-4775-B0F5-FD9BDAA498B1.jpg

I didn’t care much for my Spypoint so I bought a covert e1 and put it up this evening. It seems to be taking good pictures so far.

Gonna test it out

That’s really the only way to get homest results. Keep us updated.

Spypoint pics sent on the app ain’t great but when you put the card in a camera it’s pretty good