Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 106

Thread: Spypoint Wireless Trail Camera

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Blackstock SC
    Posts
    277

    Default Spypoint Wireless Trail Camera

    I have been wanting to try a wireless camera and found this one for what seems to be a good deal. Does anybody run one these? Are they a good deal or junk?
    https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/spy...r-trail-camera

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Camden sc
    Posts
    5,653

    Default

    Saw those to,, interested to hear reviews to
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    655

    Default

    I ordered one a few days ago and put it out yesterday. So far its worked great. I got pictures all night. You can change everything from you phone. I will probably buy another one.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    684

    Default

    I have a Spypoint Link Evo, which may be already nearly obsolete. Have had some trouble with it. For one, images not as sharp as regular memory card images. And support had some problems last year (cellular purchase plan problems from Spypoints end). Also got corrosion in battery case rather quickly, which I attributed to the very wet year we’ve had since I bought it. I paid $249 for mine on sale, so hopefully they’ll keep tweaking it for improvements


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hunting outside the box

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manning, SC
    Posts
    10,732

    Default

    Interested in the same camera.

    Does anyone know how the plans work with multiple cameras? Is there a combine plan or do you have to pay for each one separately?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    17,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Interested in the same camera.

    Does anyone know how the plans work with multiple cameras? Is there a combine plan or do you have to pay for each one separately?
    You can pay 50.00 a year and link up to 5 cameras to one account or 80.00 for up to
    10 cameras.

    As stated above SPYPOINT still has a way to go to resolve the issues they have. No flash at night, not transferring photos, not changing battery source (going to 12 volt when you add a 12v source). As with any new company, or product they will most likely resolve issue and make a better product.
    Last edited by KRT; 07-30-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Greenville
    Posts
    3,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    You can pay 50.00 a year and link up to 5 cameras to one account or 80.00 for up to
    10 cameras.

    As stated above SPYPOINT still has a way to go to resolve the issues they have. No flash at night, not transferring photos, not changing battery source (going to 12 volt when you add a 12v source). As with any new company, or product they will most likely resolve issue and make a better product.
    KRT- I can't find that plan on line. Is it a Spypoint plan? What I am finding is anywhere from free (100 photos per month) to $10/month (unlimited photos).
    Carolina Counsel

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    9,254

    Default

    I have been running the spa point for about six months now and it’s awesome. I will get some black knight shots but for the most part I get pretty good pictures. They may not be the sharpest but to me it’s a trade off of not having to go check it. Our use AT&T for service and get a great signal at my land.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Horry, SC
    Posts
    3,092

    Default

    I have one but it won't get service anywhere on 3 of my properties. I need to check a couple more places before I just put it on the feeder behind the house which is the only place it has gotten service so far. I think I may have gotten a lemon since my phone has at least 3 bars everywhere I've tried the camera.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    13,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I have one but it won't get service anywhere on 3 of my properties. I need to check a couple more places before I just put it on the feeder behind the house which is the only place it has gotten service so far. I think I may have gotten a lemon since my phone has at least 3 bars everywhere I've tried the camera.
    Have you updated it to the latest firmware?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    17,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Have you updated it to the latest firmware?
    That always seems to be customer supports answer.

    Buy the long range antenna. It’s like $70.00
    More fuel = more boost!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Horry, SC
    Posts
    3,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Have you updated it to the latest firmware?
    I have not, I bought it new a couple months ago and haven't thought nothing about it. I'll take a look at that tomorrow. Could be the problem.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    York Co
    Posts
    4,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I have not, I bought it new a couple months ago and haven't thought nothing about it. I'll take a look at that tomorrow. Could be the problem.
    customer service is decent. they will replace it. i added external antenna, 20ft i think. i get service now where it was impossible.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,257

    Default

    I have 2 link evos and 2 link Micros. As long as you keep the firmware updated and good batteries in them they work well. At least for me they have. Waiting for the link s with the built in solar panel to go on sale.
    "They are who we thought they were"

    You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Greenville
    Posts
    3,316

    Default

    Has anyone tried a Barn Owl camera? The guy who night hunts our farm uses them. Looking for other opinions/reviews.
    Carolina Counsel

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Cabelas has those same spypoiny link micro on sale at $99 in a flyer I got yesterday but you have to trade in something, I'm assuming that means another camera?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Blythewood
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Academy in NE cola has them for 119.00 right now

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the bend
    Posts
    4,664

    Default

    So do you have to have a separate phone service for this or does the plan from spypoint cover everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckdog View Post
    nothing heals a broken heart like the smell of fresh pussy...

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    9,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    So do you have to have a separate phone service for this or does the plan from spypoint cover everything?
    Set everything up from Spy-Point


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    9,254

    Default

    Mine has started taking dark pictures at night.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •