Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spypoint Wireless Trail Camera

Default Spypoint Wireless Trail Camera

I have been wanting to try a wireless camera and found this one for what seems to be a good deal. Does anybody run one these? Are they a good deal or junk?
    https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/spy...r-trail-camera

Saw those to,, interested to hear reviews to
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

I ordered one a few days ago and put it out yesterday. So far its worked great. I got pictures all night. You can change everything from you phone. I will probably buy another one.

I have a Spypoint Link Evo, which may be already nearly obsolete. Have had some trouble with it. For one, images not as sharp as regular memory card images. And support had some problems last year (cellular purchase plan problems from Spypoints end). Also got corrosion in battery case rather quickly, which I attributed to the very wet year we’ve had since I bought it. I paid $249 for mine on sale, so hopefully they’ll keep tweaking it for improvements

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hunting outside the box

Interested in the same camera.

Does anyone know how the plans work with multiple cameras? Is there a combine plan or do you have to pay for each one separately?

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Interested in the same camera.

Does anyone know how the plans work with multiple cameras? Is there a combine plan or do you have to pay for each one separately?
    You can pay 50.00 a year and link up to 5 cameras to one account or 80.00 for up to
    10 cameras.

As stated above SPYPOINT still has a way to go to resolve the issues they have. No flash at night, not transferring photos, not changing battery source (going to 12 volt when you add a 12v source). As with any new company, or product they will most likely resolve issue and make a better product.
    Last edited by KRT; 07-30-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I have been running the spa point for about six months now and it’s awesome. I will get some black knight shots but for the most part I get pretty good pictures. They may not be the sharpest but to me it’s a trade off of not having to go check it. Our use AT&T for service and get a great signal at my land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one but it won't get service anywhere on 3 of my properties. I need to check a couple more places before I just put it on the feeder behind the house which is the only place it has gotten service so far. I think I may have gotten a lemon since my phone has at least 3 bars everywhere I've tried the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I have one but it won't get service anywhere on 3 of my properties. I need to check a couple more places before I just put it on the feeder behind the house which is the only place it has gotten service so far. I think I may have gotten a lemon since my phone has at least 3 bars everywhere I've tried the camera.
    Have you updated it to the latest firmware?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    That always seems to be customer supports answer.

Buy the long range antenna. It’s like $70.00
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    I have not, I bought it new a couple months ago and haven't thought nothing about it. I'll take a look at that tomorrow. Could be the problem.

I have 2 link evos and 2 link Micros. As long as you keep the firmware updated and good batteries in them they work well. At least for me they have. Waiting for the link s with the built in solar panel to go on sale.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I have not, I bought it new a couple months ago and haven't thought nothing about it. I'll take a look at that tomorrow. Could be the problem.
    customer service is decent. they will replace it. i added external antenna, 20ft i think. i get service now where it was impossible.

Has anyone tried a Barn Owl camera? The guy who night hunts our farm uses them. Looking for other opinions/reviews.
    Carolina Counsel

Cabelas has those same spypoiny link micro on sale at $99 in a flyer I got yesterday but you have to trade in something, I'm assuming that means another camera?

Academy in NE cola has them for 119.00 right now

So do you have to have a separate phone service for this or does the plan from spypoint cover everything?

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    So do you have to have a separate phone service for this or does the plan from spypoint cover everything?
    Set everything up from Spy-Point

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    You can pay 50.00 a year and link up to 5 cameras to one account or 80.00 for up to
    10 cameras.

As stated above SPYPOINT still has a way to go to resolve the issues they have. No flash at night, not transferring photos, not changing battery source (going to 12 volt when you add a 12v source). As with any new company, or product they will most likely resolve issue and make a better product.
    KRT- I can't find that plan on line. Is it a Spypoint plan? What I am finding is anywhere from free (100 photos per month) to $10/month (unlimited photos).
    Carolina Counsel

Mine has started taking dark pictures at night.