Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Coots

SCTIMBER Coots

Will be the first to extend a congrats to the coots, defense looked good but offense sucked. Georgia just plain sucked but not hating on the cocks, neither played well in my opinion. Looked like two kids punching it out with neither really getting anywhere but a win is a win.

Tigers had more of a "win is a win" game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    offshorecorley
    from what I see just run the ball and let your quarterback keep it every other down that overrated defense cant stop the ragin cajuns wait till the dawgs thrash them between the hedges next week oh the joy the shame cocks give me how bout dem tigers!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha thats good stuff
    [img]graemlins/lamoo.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smiley01.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dancincocky.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

That game was a must win in the sec chase. It doesnt get any easier down the road.

Ive got to hand it to the tigers as well. Saw it was 14 - 10 at one time and thought something may happen but you strapped em on and took the game over. Congrats
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Great SEC win for us. We need to learn how to complete a 3rd down... Congrats to you Tigs as well. I watched a good bit of that snoozer but was impressed again with the poise of Harper. 5 Touches and 0 INT's is good stuff.

Great win for the Cocks, and even better line by the OBC when the sideline reporter chick asked him what the win over Georgia meant for the program, his response "It means we're 1-0 in the SEC" Friggin' hysterical, and it shut her up.

The offense wasn't too impressive, but was efficient enough when it needed to be. The defense is what won the Cocks the game, hands down.

I predicted USC would be leading at the half - which they were - however, I incorrectly thought they'd lose it at the end. Oh well, at least I got part right.
    "Vis pacem - para bellum" If you want peace be ready for the war.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

Greeny, I thought the same, but they brought the game to a successful conclusion. THis is a HUGE win for Carolina. GO COCKS!
    At least I'm housebroken.

we still need a quarterback. He still makes stupid decisions. I though spurrier was going to have a heart attack.
    If the Indians had guns we would not be here!!!

I agree...great win tonight by USC. Definitely is going to be a tough road game for us come November.
    The Tiger who does not prowl is a potential rug.

Nice win, chickens.

Defense looked right nice. Stafford looked like shit.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

great win, any time someone
    can win between the hedges is an awesomething, and a big congrats to those tiggers, glad to see they covered their point spread..... just wish they could play in the S.E.C.

Originally posted by btduckcall:
    great win, any time someone
    can win between the hedges is an awesomething, and a big congrats to those tiggers, glad to see they covered their point spread..... just wish they could play in the S.E.C.
    according to yahoo's point spread they didn't cover it. It was 27 according to them. No the less they struggled to get going in the first half but they woke up about halfway through the second. I really didn't care about CU's score I just wanted a W in Athens.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

It was awesome! The best away game I have ever been to. Amazing atmosphere! If you have never been to a game at GA find a way to go. I was there with quite a few gamecock fans jumping up and down and screaming like a school girl when we intecepted the kicked ball at the end. I can barley talk today.

On the GA call in show after the game all the talk was how bad Stafford was. They gave no props to our defensive players. They did mention the "evil genius" a few times.

We are not as good as we can be. We have a lot of areas for improvement. QB, Runblocking, special teams, ect...

I'll take the win with all its faults and savoy this victory in Athens for a long time.

Go Cocks!

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Speaking of SEC Vs. ACC, I watched some of the LSU-Va.Tech game but didn't catch the final score.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Try 48-7......I don't think anybody has anything for LSU.

just got back from the cess pool of the south-athens. miserable. after being spit on, drinks poured on, and barked at for four hours i've decided this is my last road trip to UGA.

Interestingly enough, some folks already knew about the W in Athens:

Gameday Forecast for Georgia
    In my excitement last week over the start of the college football season, I boldly went where few Gameday bloggers have gone before and provided readers a 2-for-the-price-of-1 prediction column.

I nailed the Louisiana-Lafayette game. OK, so I was off by 10 on the point spread. But come on: Who knew Gamecocks defensive coordinator Tyrone Nix was going to require his players to tackle with one hand tucked in their Under Armour pants?

I went on to predict a USC victory over Georgia, chalking it up to a gut feeling. That was before I filled my gut with Chex mix watching the Gamecocks struggle to put away a team from the Sun Belt Conference – not to be confused with the Rust Belt Conference, the league that includes Toledo, Akron and Miami of not-Florida.

But if you clicked here today expecting me to shamelessly change my pick to Georgia like some spineless twit, let me respond by saying … I thought about it.

I figured Oklahoma State would expose Georgia’s youth along the offensive line and at least give the Bulldogs a game. Instead, someone named Knowshon Moreno carved up the Cowboys with 70 rushing yards and a pair of long, catch-and-go gains in Georgia’s 35-14 victory.

But Knowshon doesn’t know what I know: The Gamecocks have devised a secret scheme to prevent its front four from getting pushed around like Raggedy Ann dolls.

Well, it’s not technically a secret since Nix told reporters about it Thursday. It involves bumping defensive tackle Nathan Pepper to defensive end in running situations and plugging freshman Ladi Ajiboye in Pepper’s interior spot. In the business – any business – this is called going for girth.

I think it will help. After watching the Gamecocks’ D-linemen dominate the O-line for much of the spring and summer, I expected them to play much better against Ooh-La-La. I have to believe USC’s run defense will improve with the personnel tweaks and the additions of linebacker Dustin Lindsey and (possibly) strong safety Emanuel Cook.

Georgia will get its rushing yards, but the Dawgs won’t get 238 like they did the last time these teams met in Athens. Remember, Kregg Lumpkin, Georgia’s leading rusher last season, will have a seat near the hedges with his thumb in a cast.

Also, I think Nix’s pass-rushers get past Georgia’s young linemen enough to rattle sophomore quarterback Matthew Stafford a few times.

Then there is the Mitchell factor. Say what you will about his off-the-field choices, but Blake Mitchell was as hot as any quarterback in the SEC down the stretch last season. The fifth-year senior, heckled at home last week while serving a one-game suspension, will move the ball while minimizing the turnovers he’s had in two previous starts against his home-state team.

This traditionally has been a low-scoring game, with the winning team scoring more than 21 points only once since 2000. This year will be no different.

Mitchell gets heckled. Steve Spurrier gets booed. And the Gamecocks get out of Athens with a W.

First one to three touchdowns wins.

USC 24, Georgia 20.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Congrats to the Cocks! Great weekend for the state. Tigers roll,Carolina wins in Athens,and the Panthers whoop up on the Rams!

Great game gamecocks!!!!!!!! Won't take anything away from it! Wouldn't have even called you coots if I had started this topic lol

Seriously, great fb game to watch. I hate to say this but it sort of reminded of the CU game last year. It appeared pretty obvious to me the cock players wanted to win that game more than the puppys players and put forth the effort to do so. Good win! 1-0 in SEC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I played my butt horn on a wooden pew once. No one seemed to appreciate it, especially my mom who took me outside and put the fear of God in me. To this day I still look over my shoulder to see if she's around before I fart.

SCTIMBER Coots

Originally posted by Rock & Rye:
    Wouldn't have even called you coots if I had started this topic lol
    [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] I ain't feeling mushy enough to call em' by their rightful names [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Murray Wader,
    Your comments reminded me of what a friend of mine at work said a few years ago. He is as rabid as any Clemson fan that I have ever known. Here is what he said (paraphrased) "You know that I hate Carolina and practically never have anything good to say about them, but I will say that at least when we play the fans are pretty civil to each other......except for a few drunks here and there. However, when I have gone to Athens to see Clemson and Georgia play, the Ga. fans, spit on us, piss on us, throw things at us and key our cars. They are the worse fans in the SEC".

FWIW, I have heard the same sort of comments about Ga. from fans of other SEC teams.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Everyone should experience a game in Athens at least once. The younger you are the better. The talent is incredible and the atmosphere on Friday Night is well worth the trip. Gameday the Pup Fans do turn nasty so don't be the fool with 27 stickers, flags, and magnets on your new car proclaiming your love for the opposing team unless you are ready for a few new stripes. Courtesy of the Pup Faithful, of course. If you like a good brawl, you will quickly be accommodated in Athens on Game weekend, so if you like to run your mouth, be prepared to back it up...