Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Cruiser Series 100

Default Land Cruiser Series 100

Saw this on CL this morning, I know some of you were looking for a hunting wagon, might be a good deal for you. Hell, I was tempted to buy it and resell it on here. Looks pretty clean.

https://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/s...940822995.html
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

looks good..
    At least I'm housebroken.

a good deal and someone probably could flip it and make $1500 or so

Cheaper than a 4 wheeler.

It's clean, especially for one with 470k miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    a good deal and someone probably could flip it and make $1500 or so
    Make sure the timing belt and H20 pump has been serviced, throw some tires on it, add a bumper and winch, get rid of the running boards and add rock sliders and some metal skid plates and you’d get a lot more or have a helluva hunting rig.

Check coolant hoses and T’s too.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

That’s a ton of miles. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    throw some tires on it, add a bumper and winch, get rid of the running boards and add rock sliders and some metal skid plates and you’d get a lot more or have a helluva hunting rig.

Yes, but then you'd have about $10K in it.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Yes, but then you'd have about $10K in it.
    Nah, about $6-6500, White Knucle Off Road for the sliders, Bumpin’ It Off-road for skid plates and ARB for the winch and bumper, though a Slee Blueberry would look good. Bet you went with $2500 cash he’d sell it too.

You trying to get me in trouble Mark?
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Quote Originally Posted by ecwooduck View Post
    You trying to get me in trouble Mark?
    You can borrow my deer hauling rack. Saves wear and tear on your truck.

Then you'd have 6500 in a vehicle with almost a half a million miles.. which it's a Toyota and cool and all, but it could be running close to a major problem. Major problems with Toyota's of that nature are really expensive. Like an engine failure, how much would it be to replace that engine.. at least that's what I think about when I'm trying to talk myself out of buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Then you'd have 6500 in a vehicle with almost a half a million miles.. which it's a Toyota and cool and all, but it could be running close to a major problem. Major problems with Toyota's of that nature are really expensive. Like an engine failure, how much would it be to replace that engine.. at least that's what I think about when I'm trying to talk myself out of buying it.
    There's a local lady with a 2005 gray series 100 that has 680K on the odometer. Of course that's all highway miles and soccer mom stuff. Keep the timing belt and water pump changed every 90K, use premium fuel and regular oil changes and you're good.

I been looking for this same model color and all just trying to find one closer to 200k

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    There's a local lady with a 2005 gray series 100 that has 680K on the odometer. Of course that's all highway miles and soccer mom stuff. Keep the timing belt and water pump changed every 90K, use premium fuel and regular oil changes and you're good.
    True statement
    At least I'm housebroken.

Salty, find me a used ARB bumper for a 2003 LC.

I'm listing my 2015 Tundra in a week or two, can't justify keeping it since I drive it once or twice a month. Moving the Land Cruiser to my main driver, going to add the bumper and tires to it, maybe suspension, roof rack, bumper mounted spare tire, or something else if I get a wild hair.

I admit, this has filled my head with bad thoughts. However, is this guy for real? He posted it in the "Sporting" section not even the car and trucks for sale. My guess is that it is not real OR he is too cheap to pay the $5 to list on CL. If it is the second, then how can a cheap bastard like that be trusted to change timing belts? MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Salty, find me a used ARB bumper for a 2003 LC.

I'm listing my 2015 Tundra in a week or two, can't justify keeping it since I drive it once or twice a month. Moving the Land Cruiser to my main driver, going to add the bumper and tires to it, maybe suspension, roof rack, bumper mounted spare tire, or something else if I get a wild hair.
    What you wanting for that tundra?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    What you wanting for that tundra?
    I'll PM you.

It'll likely be posted by this time next week once I get some time to take some pictures.