Default Some Flies

A little evening tying...

Small Ghost Shrimp patterns for the lighter rods

IMG_0953.jpg
    IMG_0954.jpg

EP Crabs

IMG_0957.jpg
    IMG_0958.jpg

Clouser variation that has been very good to me. Palmer Chenille over the body instead of bare thread wraps.

IMG_0955.jpg

Has anyone else been tying anything lately?

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Nice
    Are those for Redfish? Nice work.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Are those for Redfish? Nice work.
    thank you
    Yes, primarily for redfish although that clouser has done great with trout as well and i'm sure could translate easily to other fish

The ghost shrimp would work well for summer snook on the grassflats.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    The ghost shrimp would work well for summer snook on the grassflats.
    I could see that for sure. I always mentally get stuck on bait fish patterns with snook, my go to being a white deceiver with a red thread head.
    The shrimp are fun on a 6/7wt for low tide fish where you have to have a soft landing.

In the heat of the summer in Charlotte harbor area where I just moved from the small shrimp and white bait covered all healthy grass flats 1.5 to 4 feet deep. They were aggressive but very responsive sensitive to realism of flies which was different then the redfish I was chasing. That pink is a nice touch.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Don't know much about the fly game, but the time and effort you've put forth is obvious. Well done, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    In the heat of the summer in Charlotte harbor area where I just moved from the small shrimp and white bait covered all healthy grass flats 1.5 to 4 feet deep. They were aggressive but very responsive sensitive to realism of flies which was different then the redfish I was chasing. That pink is a nice touch.
    Thank you.
    I fish Charlotte harbor for at least a week each summer. This year my best snook action came along the west wall on an outgoing tide. I have done very well also finding them stacked up at the mouths along turtle and bull.

Purple/black is what they liked best.

Here are some that will likely go for a swim this weekend.

B3D6FF14-25AF-454C-8F32-C4DB2201406B.jpg

Send me a half dozen of those EP crabs and put yellow and black rubbers on them. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Send me a half dozen of those EP crabs and put yellow and black rubbers on them. Thanks.
    I dont have yellow and black but if you buy, I'll tie.

I have found that the legs dont make a huge difference to the fish especially if you already have marabou in the tail. But they sure look cool.

That crab is the ticket!

Saw quite a bit of fly fishing and trout catching last week. It must be easy because I saw alot of women doing it.

Snake River.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-20-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Sorta out of place in a saltwater fly tying thread but when you fish a big old yarn indicator or thingamabobber that you lob out of the boat and then pretty much just watch it as you drift along, sorta like stationary fishing a cane pole and watching a bobber, it can sure make it easier for an inexperienced fly fisher to catch a fish. Probably why 99% of guides do that with them. Flyfishing (fresh or saltwater) is the bowhunting of fishing. Surely you can understand that a little.

I've fished the Henry's fork of the snake river myself, I can honestly say trout are thick there. Big dang trout too.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Sorta out of place in a saltwater fly tying thread but when you fish a big old yarn indicator or thingamabobber that you lob out of the boat and then pretty much just watch it as you drift along, sorta like stationary fishing a cane pole and watching a bobber, it can sure make it easier for an inexperienced fly fisher to catch a fish. Probably why 99% of guides do that with them. Flyfishing (fresh or saltwater) is the bowhunting of fishing. Surely you can understand that a little.

I've fished the Henry's fork of the snake river myself, I can honestly say trout are thick there. Big dang trout too.
    I wasn't fishing, I was just rafting. I've never been fly-fishing. Pretty place.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-20-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Before

After

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I wasn't fishing, I was just rafting. I've never been fly-fishing. Pretty place.

Didn’t say you were, was commenting about those you showed with guides who were. Either way, it don’t matter much.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Good job on the flies and the fish.