Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clemson grub??

Hardees

Esso has a great lunch they have specials every day never be disappointed
    Hancock 70 Yamaha

Makes me sad Paws closed, they had great fried chicken and corn nuggets. For tomorrow though, I'd go to the Esso.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Hosscat View Post
    Harcombe is no more. RIP.
    That’s some bullshit. I just looked at the campus dining map. Freaking travesty is what the food situation at that school has become. Where are students supposed to eat breakfast, Starbucks? The Yankee bagel shop in Henderson? I know Schilletter is still there, but dang.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Waffle House and of all places shitty Sue's on 81 have the best patty melts. Well Sue's does if the numbnuts are capable of getting an order correct on that particular day.
    Sues has went down hill fast. My wife and I usually would go there once or twice a week since it’s right at the house and it wasn’t bad but the last few times have just been pure hell. Haven’t been in probably 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by forresj View Post
    Paws is permanently closed which really sucks but my favorite places in town are Loose Change (downtown) and Sardi's Den/Goober's (across from where BILO was before it closed on Old Greenville Highway).
    https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ay/1523671001/

George Cheros, owner of Paw's Diner in Seneca, died on July 11 at age 64, according to his obituary through Thomas McAfee Funeral Homes.

Cheros was a Greenville native and Clemson alumnus. He opened the diner in 1998 and was also part-owner of Gold's Gym in Greenville, according to his obituary.

In June, the diner posted a notice on the door informing customers that the business would close on June 28.

"We would like to thank everyone for all of the love and support that we have had the last 21 years and especially over the last couple of months," the note said. "We must now turn our complete focus on George and his health, well being."

News of the closure was met with sadness on social media. Clemson football player and Oakland Raiders draftee Clelin Ferrell shared a picture of the note and said he was "sick."
    Last edited by JBtflo; 07-23-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    That’s some bullshit. I just looked at the campus dining map. Freaking travesty is what the food situation at that school has become. Where are students supposed to eat breakfast, Starbucks? The Yankee bagel shop in Henderson? I know Schilletter is still there, but dang.
    I was actually looking for Harcombe back in June and pointed to its location and said “It’s right over there.” Nothing. There’s a Chic-fil-A though.

Shiletter > harcombe

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Shiletter > harcombe
    Agreed

Clemson house Sunday brunch was the best

Quote Originally Posted by Hosscat View Post
    Harcombe is no more. RIP.
    Good because it sucked, hence the reason I cooked in the canteen.

I’m way late but give a shout out to the pot belly deli. Woot woot
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by MacDog View Post
    Sues has went down hill fast. My wife and I usually would go there once or twice a week since it’s right at the house and it wasn’t bad but the last few times have just been pure hell. Haven’t been in probably 6 months
    I grace the place about once every 3-4 months and that's enough to piss me off for 3-4 months. The service is awful and, like I said, flip a quarter on whether your food comes out correct. The waitresses could not give a shit whether your service is good or not. They'd rather hang in the back and gossip. I had a waitress ask me if I needed my 15 dollars worth of change back (or if it was her tip) on a 25 dollar tab after she brought me a tea and my food (I may have been lucky enough to get a refill that night.) I started laughing at her and she thought me laughing meant no. I had to go find her and ask for my change..
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by MacDog View Post
    Dang. We haven't noticed any decline. It's right down the road from us too but we always get it to go since that's easier with the kids. Maybe since we're bypassing the waitresses that's why we haven't noticed a drop off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post
    Dang. We haven't noticed any decline. It's right down the road from us too but we always get it to go since that's easier with the kids. Maybe since we're bypassing the waitresses that's why we haven't noticed a drop off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    It’s been a while. Maybe she’s cleaned up some.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Clemson house Sunday brunch was the best
    Indeed.

Op should just find out where MacDog is cooking, and go there. He posted some brisket tacos on IG that looked good enough to make a Mexican sneak across the border.
    Last edited by wskinner; 07-24-2019 at 04:03 PM.

That he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Harcombe was better than the Russell House, that's for sure. I don't know how many times I ate there, but I know exactly how many times I ate at the Russell House. 1. Too many great places to go to to put up with that tripe...

Didn't Clemson use to have a Taco Tuesday or something?

We hit the Pot Belly Deli. Pretty damn good. Thanks for the help