Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sc lifetime hunting and fishing license

Default Sc lifetime hunting and fishing license

been Researching lifetime license a little . Does anyone have theirs and does anyone know an approximate cost associated? Any info would be great
    For nothing will be impossible with CHRIST Luke 1:37

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

A one time fee of 9 dollars, all you need to do is buy a federal duck stamp every year.

I did the math one day. It all depends which you get and if you want wma every year vs your age. For example: I’d get saltwater, combination, and waterfowl = $810 + 34 years of wma = $1,847 to get me to 64 years old. This assumes price doesn’t change and you elect to buy the same licenses for the duration this example also assumes I’m 30. If I buy straight up for 34 years then $2,754. At $81/yr at what I would buy it would take me 22.8 years to see return on the lifetime license investment. The savings would be $904 over the last 11 years. Until I turned 64 years old. If youre young and gonna stay in South Carolina and do the same hunting and fishing every year then it’s a good bet. But if you die, move, or by this example over 41 years old then your better off buying every year. That’s how I worked my way out of getting one.

You mean the lifetime license is only good if you continue to live in SC?? That's dumb cause not many folks can be absolutely sure that they won't need to move out of the state.
    I have a lifetime license from GA that is good no matter where I live.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

It’s still good if you move. I meant it from the perspective if you move you wouldn’t be here to use it.

And most likely paying to hunt somewhere else. The other coin is that it would be extremely beneficial if you were move just across the border to NC or GA and plan on hunting in SC every year. Get it and not have to pay a non-resident rate after the move.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    And most likely paying to hunt somewhere else. The other coin is that it would be extremely beneficial if you were move just across the border to NC or GA and plan on hunting in SC every year. Get it and not have to pay a non-resident rate after the move.
    That's why I bought my GA one just before I moved here. With my military discount, it was only $300.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Yep,....I paid $9.00 one time....and get everything but a federal dick stamp.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

We bought LL's in 2012 I think. Paid $500 each. Circumstances had us move just over the NC line. Those LL's paid for themselves and then some.

My dad bought mine when I was 15 and 10 years later I still can't thank him enough for it. It was only around $400 back then if you purchased before a person turned 16. Only thing I have to buy every year is a federal duck stamp. Depending on age you might be better off just getting a 3 year license.

I don’t understand why they don’t have a WMA add on before age 64. I probably should just go ahead and do it anyways.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

The last year you need a license you should get the lifetime. It is cheap. From then on you count as a license holder and SC gets more federal dollars.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I have mine and also got my boys theirs when they were born. It was really cheap then.

If I remember correctly, it’s basically buying 20 years of licenses at once. So if you are 44 or younger it makes sense financially. You will never incur increases. The saltwater add on and the waterfowl add on is the same 20 year cost.

$9.00.

I bought my 5 year old his right before he turned 2.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

I'm gonna buy the boys their's for their 16th birthday. Should've done it before they turned 2

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

Same.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

I'm afraid to ask but what are you hunting that requires a dick stamp?