Thread: Bank of America??

Default Bank of America??

I was trying to text and got interrupted by our capitalistic corn man....

Anyway, what is BOAs problem?? They don't want anything to do with any business that has to do with the 2nd amendment...

And now they are withdrawing business from any business that works with process of handling illegal immigrants trying to come into the US of A.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I just can’t believe people still do business with them. How hard is it to just do your job and leave politics off the table???

I left them long ago.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I’m in the small loan business and they abandoned us years ago. They will not even hold a depository account for us.
    Obama and the DOJ screwed us all with Operation Choke Point. To quote that administration- If you control the banks, you control the world!

I have an Alaska Airlines CC with them that I can’t get paid off fast enough to get away from them. Never have been to a bank where I have to show my ID to make a cash payment. They’ve had no one designated to work the drive thru for the longest time, and had the counter teller running back and forth from the counter to the drive thru. Finally they closed all the drive thru’s. Went inside the big BOA on Knox Abbot the other week, and the line was ridiculous. Finally got to the counter and the guy was saying he hadn’t taken a lunch break yet, and it was almost 4pm. Asked him why they closed their drive thru’s, and he said it was due to high risk transactions and wanting to protect their clients. I told him it sounded like corporate greed wanting more money in their pockets to me.

I quit them when they took the bailouts. When I told the bank manager that was my reason, she was incredulous and said the economy would have failed if they didn't.

I have them for several accounts and to be honest, they have always given me great service. Maybe it’s just the hassle of changing but it is easy for me. I do almost everything mobile and have a contact at a local branch that is very responsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many years ago, BOA was the first bank to advertise and offer banking services to illegal aliens. A few shirt years later they started their assault on the 2A.
    Screw them, their bank and their credit card. Run that card up to the maximum and dont make another payment on it. One credit ding from a crappy bank card wont hut you too bad.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 07-21-2019 at 07:55 PM.

BOA=POS- why would anyone still be with them or Wells Fargo is beyond my comprehension

I've had an account with my locally owned bank since I was a kid. I kept it, and opened a second account with Bank of America in 95.. Knowing they were a larger bank, my teenage mind thought, it would be easier having my direct deposit through them when I joined the Army. I closed the account in 97. I can't imagine how bad they've gotten since then.

Reason # 1,472 to bank with a community bank
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    Reason # 1,472 to bank with a community bank

Eff Bank of America. I will stick to my community bank also.

Eff any bank that knowingly aids an illegal immigrant by opening an account.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I much prefer a community bank but after we went through about three years with four small banks getting bought out, we moved to one of the hated national banks. My wife has everything set up in Quicken and it's a real pain in the ass to change banks. Small banks often work towards getting bought out on purpose. Once they reach a certain threshold of assets and locations, they become desirable takeover targets for the devil banks. The small town bank owners walk away with a comfortable retirement or a head start on the next iteration.

I have both big bank and local bank accounts. Wells Fargo gets the checking account...direct deposit, auto bill pay, location at ever big and small town across America. Heritage Trust Credit Union gets my business. I have had multiple mortgages on home and land with them in the past and they've always been exceptional. They also have my "emergency account". Like PB said...if it weren't such a pain, I'd probably move everything to HTCU. The network of CU's are similar to big banks, meaning I can be at Houston Federal Credit Union in Houston and access my Heritage Trust Credit Union Account in Charleston.
    Last edited by reeltight; 07-22-2019 at 07:15 AM.

I had an account with boa back in the 90s. I liked Wachovia until they became Well Fargo. NBSC is now Synovus with overreaching policies and I'm out. SC Federal Credit Union was promising but they're service is trending towards complete garbage. When our oldest gets back from Joint Base Pearl Harbor, we're going to talk to the local Navy Federal Credit Union.

I've had a BOA account for 35 years. Granted it started out as the National Bank of Fort Sam Houston which NCNB acquired and merged with BOA who dropped the Military Bank appellation.

BOA military bank benefits (free safety deposit box, free checking, etc) eroded to the point we do almost all our banking with USAA. I only maintain the BOA account to keep my wife's paws off my TDY per diem payments (i.e. toy fund).

"The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

^ha at toy fund^

My toy fund is also at a separate bank my wife can’t access.

And you need to let me know next time you’re in chucktown so I can get this mirror out of my garage.
    Last edited by reeltight; 07-22-2019 at 08:21 AM.