Thread: Boat buckets

Default Boat buckets

The fishing bucket thread and the comment that bass fisherman dont do buckets got me thinking about the buckets I use on a small boat. Their utility is amazing.
    This is the fishing bucket loaded with gear when on the boat. It holds a ton of stuff

20190721_113004.jpg

This bucket pulls double duty for bait and is used as a trash can when not bait fishing
    20190721_113014.jpg

Bucket for holding anchor line. It's also been used to scoop sand fleas on the coast
    20190721_113338.jpg

A catch all bucket for lures and hooks when changing baits. This one stores under my seat out of the way but close by as needed.

20190721_113110.jpg

9887.jpg

And of course, every boat needs a pee bucket. Very handy for the ladies and keeps your buddy from pissing all over your boat

20190721_113225.jpg

Also keep a trash bucket in the truck at all times.

20190721_110559.jpg

I like buckets.

t’was a joke.
    (a dig at glitter boat guys, if you will)

For the record, i agree with you that buckets are very utilitarian.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

I like the Tide pee bucket. My wife has a hard time on boats and this great.

I use milk crates. I have two that are zip tied together and have PVC rodholders in each corner. I store the anchor in it and random other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    t’was a joke.
    (a dig at glitter boat guys, if you will)

For the record, i agree with you that buckets are very utilitarian.
    Yeah, they're single minded SOBs aint they? We cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Meathook View Post
    I like the Tide pee bucket. My wife has a hard time on boats and this great.
    I had a lady guest on the boat 4th of July that protested the idea until she actually used it. Nothing but happy smiles afterwards.

My FIL is an old salt in Stuart FL. and turned me on to the pee bucket 30 years ago. Great for the guys whether it's a big boat or little boat, no hanging of their short sticks over the gunnel in rough seas. Much safer also, there have been more than a few fisherman fall overboard and drown. When found by rescue they have their flys open or pants down to their knees. That would be a sorry way to go IMO.

#BucketLife

my cast net resides in a bucket and any boat without a bucket is suspect of being a poser
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-21-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Back before they built the new Cooper River Bridge, I used to sheephead fish around the pilings of the old bridges. It was too deep to anchor, the current usually ripped through there and there wasn't much to tie onto on the pilings. I rigged a bucket with weights on one side and some rubbery styrofoam on the other with a dump line tied to the bottom. I'd get upstream of the piling, throw the bucket on the far side and drift back. The friction of the rope was plenty enough to hold me in place. I also had fenders made from foam boogey boards that covered most of the side of the boat. When I was ready to move, I'd just motor up and haul the bucket in. The dump line was attached to the main rope about six feet up so I could pull the bucket in upside down.

I also learned that a bucket can save your life when you get too deep into the pluff mud chasing fiddlers. I never set it down to chase them now.

Speaking up women peeing from the boat, many, many years ago, my girlfriend agreed to go fishing with me in my little bomber style, stick steering bass boat. She had to pee and after much reassurance from me, she reluctantly hung her butt over the side. As soon as I heard a trickle, I leaned way over to the side and dipped her ass in the water. I don't think I've ever been cussed as well as she cussed me that day. It's still a fond memory.

The front livewell on a center console has proven to work for the ladies as long as we dont have to scoop brown trout out.

I’ve always had 5 gallon buckets on board...cast net, bait, etc. also had to use one when a kid partied too hard the night before at Edisto and couldn’t shit in the water. I sat it on the dock with while unloading the boat at the marina. Someone needed the bucket more than I apparently bc it was gone when I came back to grab the rest of the stuff.

I keep my anchors in a bucket with a lid. Best way I’ve found to keep the lines from tangling. BJ

Women pissing in live wells is a stretch but guys pissing in buckets??? WTF??!!
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Women pissing in live wells is a stretch but guys pissing in buckets??? WTF??!!
    It's probably just the guys that sit down to pee.