Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Womens guns

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    Just left psa. She felt a few guns. We are going back tomorrow to do some shooting. She lijed the m&p shield until she tried to rack the slide. It was too hard. She had surgery on both wrists so either something easier to slide or a revolver. We will narrow it down tomorrow. Im not making a final decision for at least 3 range sessions
    I believe this version was made specifically for that reason.
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...80-shield-ez-0

Where you located? You’re more than welcome to come fire a variety of pistols I have on hand.

My wife and daughters have both S&W 642’s and Glock 19’s. They stay proficient with the 642 and carry them, but come range time it’s the G19 all the way. I learned a long time ago, don’t put out any ammo you don’t want to disappear!! If you laid out 1000 rounds of 9mm, they’d burn it quick

The Shield can be a little stiff to rack new out of the box.I got one with and one without the thumb safety. I like the thumb safety engaged when manipulating the slide on such a small gun in the off chance that errant fingers may end up in the trigger guard at inopportune times.
    Even with a stiff slide, I feel a compact semi could be a better choice. After range time is over, load it, holster it and have it ready for use. With two mags you get 9 rounds in the first mag verses 5-6 rounds in a revolver. If a reload is necessary, the semi with the slide locked back would be a much quicker reload and slingshotting the slide from the locked back position is much easier than the closed breach position.

In other words, give her a semi with a loaded mag with one in the chamber and a spare mag. Let her shoot the first mag empty and see if she can swap mags and chamber the next round from the open breech position. If yes, she's good to go.
    Between the slide loosening up with some range time or going with a lighter recoil spring, if the semi feels better than a revolver....

or just buy her a revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    I believe this version was made specifically for that reason.
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...80-shield-ez-0
    I just had one of those in my hand yesterday. A good friend and his wife were in town and she wanted to show my the pistol she won. Turns out it was one of these. She was so proud of the ease of racking the slide that she said it 3 or 4x. My wife liked how easy it was to operate as well.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

I made my wife go to a gun show with me. We walked every aisle and she held every gun that caught her eye.

When she decided on the “feel” she liked, we let her shoot. She really liked revolvers and didn’t care for autos at all.

We spent a day shooting any and everything that I or my dad had.

Long story short, she really liked smiths so I got her a 642 hammerless. I put a set of 4 1/2 lb trigger springs in it.

My dad loaded a couple of coffee cans full of very low powered rounds for her to practice with in her 642.

Her favorite gun to shoot is a Taurus .357 full size 4 inch.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Mine chose the P365, she really likes it. It is a pull and shoot, and holds a lot of rounds.

Do some of you really believe your wives will be “clicking off safeties”, “racking slides”, “looking down sights” and “reloading mags” in the moment of truth?? Stop kidding yourselves and give her the hammerless revolver so you know with confidence all she has to do is pull the trigger when her emotions and fear are at an all time high.

I’m with you man nothing wrong with a revolver.

But with my wife’s glock she doesn’t have to do any of those things. It’s loaded in a kydex holster ready to go.
    It’s also much more enjoyable for her to shoot since there’s less felt recoil than a very light revolver so she is more willing to shoot regularly with me and she does have plenty of practice reloading and racking slides. She’s a woman, not a dummy.

End of the day I don’t give a damn what someone carries so there’s that too.