Thread: Boat Carpet

Default Boat Carpet

As yall know, I am casually looking at aluminum boats. So, my question is...when an aluminum boat comes with carpet, how much trouble is it to remove the carpet and put some of the SeaDek type stuff in. I would expect that the glue would be a bitch to get off, but I don't know.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

you suspect correctly
    The best way to get that carpet and glue up is to soak the carpet in solvent, let it sit over night and then
    it will pull up easier and then the remaining glue will be soft and a putty knife will scrape it up

I'll reply when I'm not on my phone.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Default Boat Carpet

I’ve had good luck with a spray can of paint stripper. The glue bubbles up and scrapes right off.

Clarification: rip carpet off first then use spray can for residual
    Last edited by Gone South; 07-20-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Rip carpet off first like gone south said. The easiest thing I did was get some stuff call "Aircraft Remover" from Auto Zone. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, then take a grinder with a flapper disc or brush disc or a wire wheel to clean all the glue off. It is time consuming but the end results will be nice.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?