Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 years ago today...

Default 50 years ago today...

Or did we?

#aintnodoneit

Took the kids to Kennedy last Saturday, awesome experience. Interested in knowing how many of the naysayers have ever been? It’s not a hoax, if it were then it’s the biggest sham ever pulled on the citizens of the US and the world. Those early astronauts had balls that clanged. Riding on top of a crude ballistic missile into space in a cramped capsule with instruments that are less powerful than today’s watches. Engineers with long hand calculus and slide rules. That place and some of the exhibits will make your hair stand up, especially the Challenger and Columbia memorial.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I’m not sure how anybody could view the footage, take into account how many times NASA has been caught falsifying videos, seen ALL the evidence to the contrary, and listened to former astronauts and staff declare otherwise, yet still believe we actually went to the moon.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

And I’ve been to Kennedy.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Wasn’t there a poll about this sometime back?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Please. Of course we went to the moon. We are on the cusp on Mars. We have people who have spent 12+ months on the ISS. None of which would have been possible without the Apollo missions. Did they fake broadcast footage? Sure. Did Teddy Roosevelt fake photos of himself holding cattle rustlers at gunpoint? Sure he did. He also caught the cattle rustlers the day before. 50 years ago, film was shit to begin with. Add radiation in space, your video is going to suck. So you church it up. I find it harder to believe in the existence of submarines. I put my boat trailer in the salt for 45 seconds and it turns to dust shortly thereafter if I don't hose it completely down with freshwater. Fake!

Get you an inconel trailer and forget about that washing nonsense

I don't know what that is, but I suspect that I could buy WESCO trailer company for about .001% of what one of those would cost...

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    It’s not a hoax, if it were then it’s the biggest sham ever pulled on the citizens of the US.
    I could honestly care less if we landed on the moon or not. The real sham is NASA’s $52m/day budget that we pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I could honestly care less if we landed on the moon or not. The real sham is NASA’s $52m/day budget that we pay for.
    This. IDGAF what’s on Mars. Outside of developing a ICBM shield, NASA is a huge waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    This. IDGAF what’s on Mars. Outside of developing a ICBM shield, NASA is a huge waste of money.
    Y’all realize that 75% or more of the shit you depend on today was because R&D for the space program.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

William Shatner is heading up Space Force. Imagine all the cool shit we’ll have in a few years. Phasers for deer are coming soon.

So y’all aren’t going to watch the moon landing when they do it again in 5 years?

So y’all aren’t going to watch the moon landing when they do it again in 5 years?
    Hell yes I am
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Y’all realize that 75% or more of the shit you depend on today was because R&D for the space program.
    You could argue that most of it would have been invented in due time, and, to me, most of it isn’t really worth the cost it took to create.

I do know that one of the “technologies” is grooved pavement. They put it on the runways to slow down the shuttle upon landing, and some bright-boy thought we needed it on all our roads. I frequently cuss whoever made that decision.

The private sector would take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    The private sector would take care of it.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    You could argue that most of it would have been invented in due time, and, to me, most of it isn’t really worth the cost it took to create.
    And I'm sure we would be doing just fine without it.

Nope.
    We’ll just agree to disagree.