Thread: Rand blocks 911 bill

Default Rand blocks 911 bill

Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

It's easy to make him the bad guy because of the large emotional context of that bill. However he is correct. I run my house the same. If we add more spending to our budget without generating more income then that money has to be cut from other areas. Giving government a blank check without oversight is always bad. But it will pass because no one else wants to be viewed or labeled as heartless. And it isn't political games. It's math. Math doesn't care about your emotions.

What exactly does the bill do? I guess I need a little more details than it helps to ensure a fund never runs out of money. Maybe we can start with why we need a fund for 70 more years for something that happened 18 years ago?

Then once we get that figured out we can determine when the government sets up funds and when it doesn't. And why some victims are more important than others.

Someone that knows please enlighten me. Does every law enforcement officers', EMT's firefighter's family receive a never ending check if they're killed in the line of duty?