Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: College Football Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    That's sorta my point, Mark. It's a lot better to enter the playoffs when your 1's have only had to play 'til halftime up that point. Whether y'all acknowledge it or not, it matters.
    Question. How many of Bamas games last year did the starters have to play past halftime? Just UGA and Clemson I would think. If the ones were in past halftime, it was just to run up the score and pad the Hawaiians stats. Citadel being the exception.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I think Texas or Oklahoma will have a say in the playoffs. OK should have beat bama last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

^^^ in football?

Texas and all that. Georgia did them a huge favor. How many kids knew they were going pro and both coordinators on the way. Texas gets a shot at an SEC team and Georgia is playing for nothing. Sure, on paper they should be playing for pride. Anybody remember Bama and Utah in the Sugar Bowl in 2009?

Little tougher having a bad day against LSU than say having a bad day against Duke or Louisville.

What did Dabo do in his first 4 years? Besides the WV thing? I will say it. Clemson is a well coached team. Now they are getting some serious talent which makes it even scarier. They are the FSU of long ago in the ACC

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Coots defense has been riddled with injuries, forcing young inexperienced players to start last year with no available rotation.
    Zero depth for injuries and no rotation on defense. Not the case this year
    This will be the best team Coach Champ has fielded and unfortunately though with the toughest schedule in the country by all media accts
    1. DJ Wonnum returns.....All SEC player.…..he only played in 5 games last year and the Coots won 4 of them.....Pass Rusher been missing
    2. Zacch Pickens added. 5 star DE # 8 ranked player in the nation, compared to Clowney
    3. TJ Brunson returns......previously led team with tackles before injury...…..Pass Rusher been missing
    4. Javon Kinlaw returns on the line. Big strong and experienced
    5. Aron Sterling returns to D line after missing almost the entire season as an injured starter
    6. Brad Johnson healthy and returning at LB , 4 star
    7. Bigger safeties and corners w/ transfer 6'1 Jaycee Horn (dad Joe Horn was a stud for N.O. Saints) and 6'4 Mukuamu , Both on NFL watch list

Should be much improved against the run and last year had zero pass rush with the freshmen starting
    Those freshmen that had to have their redshirts yanked last year and forced to start can now rotate w/ experience and give the above some breathers
    Agree with most of that but unfortunately, y'all will still have Bentley making decisions for you on the other side of the ball. If the defense is on the field twice as much as the offense, depth makes little to no difference.

Saban will continue his streak beating all his former assistants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clemson and Alabama.

The rest of y’all can bicker over who finishes 3 through 25

I’m excited to see how Hurts does at Oklahoma. He’s angry and has something to prove. I don’t think Herman has all the pieces at Texas to be a serious threat yet.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    The rest of y’all can bicker over who finishes 3 through 25 .

Why leave out SC?

Didn't Alabama make it through their daunting SEC schedule winning every game by 20+ points and starters out by halftime? Why didn't that happen when they started playing good teams from other conferences? Funny how people talk about how difficult their schedule is.

Virginia and Texas destroyed the SEC East myth.

What did Notre Dame and Clemson prove the year before?

That it takes an elite QB to best Bama, UGA proved it twice now. I am glad Clemson has one again

QB hasn't been the problem, you know that tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Well somewhat true Fromm didn’t call a fake punt or pull himself out and put Fields in.

Thing about Lawrence, there is no doubt he will be an overall #1 pick. I have been watching him since 9th grade. I sure hate Georgia couldn't get him. I know Kirby tried his best to.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Texas and all that. Georgia did them a huge favor. How many kids knew they were going pro and both coordinators on the way. Texas gets a shot at an SEC team and Georgia is playing for nothing. Sure, on paper they should be playing for pride. Anybody remember Bama and Utah in the Sugar Bowl in 2009?

Little tougher having a bad day against LSU than say having a bad day against Duke or Louisville.

What did Dabo do in his first 4 years? Besides the WV thing? I will say it. Clemson is a well coached team. Now they are getting some serious talent which makes it even scarier. They are the FSU of long ago in the ACC
    I get UGa wasn't very motivated to be there, but they lost their "gripe" when texas beat em down. That was a world class butt kickin
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Disappointing to see Georgia come out like that. Seemed like they would want to prove something. Their attitude toward that game was the total opposite of what you wanted to see.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Disappointing to see Georgia come out like that. Seemed like they would want to prove something. Their attitude toward that game was the total opposite of what you wanted to see.
    Bullshit, UGA had something to prove by beating Texas like a rented mule. They instead got their asses handed to them. It’s about like when you moondicks we’re talking about the SECCG being the national title right up until Clemson curb stomped Bama by 28. This holier than thou SEC bullshit is stupid especially in light of the results we all saw on the field. Neither UGA or Bama we’re unmotivated, y’all just flat out got your asses beat, start owning that shit sometime. I do have to hand it to Sakkerliner fans, when UVA beat their brains in, they didn’t come up with all the dumbass excuses you Jawja and Bama fans have.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Neither UGA or Bama we’re unmotivated, y’all just flat out got your asses beat, start owning that shit sometime. I do have to hand it to Sakkerliner fans, when UVA beat their brains in, they didn’t come up with all the dumbass excuses you Jawja and Bama fans have.
    Hard to argue with this.

7 pt. losses are "ass beatings?"

Asking for a friend of course.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 07-19-2019 at 01:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?