Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh No He Didn't

Default Oh No He Didn't

In many people’s minds, we are in for a fifth consecutive showdown between Alabama and Clemson heading into the 2019 college football season. If the two programs do meet next season, the matchup will have to come in the College Football Playoff.

While the game is viewed as a foregone conclusion to many, the result of that game is just as inevitable to SEC Network host Paul Finebaum.

During his weekly Monday morning appearance on Birmingham-based WJOX 94.5 FM radio show “The Roundtable,” Finebaum reacted to the drama that erupted last weekend between Alabama and Clemson as each program was asked about the other at their respective conference Media Day events.

“Dylan Moses, Nick Saban and the entire Alabama football team doesn’t care about Clemson, doesn’t care about the ACC. They care about what they do. That’s why they are so good year in and year out,” Finebaum offered up during his appearance on the show. “Nick Saban preaches ‘You be the best you can be, we will do the best we can and we will normally win.’ That did not happen in that one case and what Saban has preached all season long was simple – ‘You guys didn’t execute and we didn’t do a good enough job in getting you ready.’ It has nothing to do with Clemson.”

When asked about Saban’s comments regarding the Alabama staff not being fully invested in the team’s latest College Football Playoff run, Finebaum offered up this response.

“It wasn’t an excuse, it was an explanation – and I think it a very honest explanation,” the SEC Network host said.

Following that thought, Finebaum warned Clemson against poking the bear that is Saban’s Alabama football machine. According to Finebaum, there’s no chance Alabama drops two games in a row to the Tigers should they meet next season.

“What Dylan Moses said, he said. He was complimenting Georgia because he’s more concerned about Georgia than he is Clemson,” Finebaum continued. “I think every Alabama fan listening knows if Alabama and Clemson meet again in January, Alabama is going to win the game. There’s no doubt in my mind and I don’t think there’s any doubt in their mind.

“They’ve been down this road before, they are the best revenge team in college football history. They are concerned with themselves and why everyone in that silo called Clemson gets so upset. Why don’t they celebrate? They’ve now won three in the school’s history… Alabama has won five of the last 10, Clemson has won three of the last 150.”
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-22-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Look, we have known what everyone else in the country now knows. There is no more insecure and trollable fanbase than Clemson. Gollum Finebaum raises his pinky and has them howling. The sidewalkers will turn themselves inside out like salted slugs to defend any and every perceived "slight" against Clemson. Naturally, they get slighted as often as there is an empty headline. Born of a man (Ben Tillman) who would gladly lynch the lot of their own heroes today...

Paul Finebaum is a whinny pussy.

True story. Those who cry about what he/she/it says are even worse...

Haha, I just don't like him for some reason. You know me I really don't care.

Indeed I do...

Yawn... Clemson is great, I graduated from there, it’s a wonderful school, but so is Alabama. I like knowing the King has to check under the bed too. Don’t miss leg day.

Be nice when they hoist the trophy again this year.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    Yawn... Clemson is great, I graduated from there, it’s a wonderful school, but so is Alabama. I like knowing the King has to check under the bed too. Don’t miss leg day.
    This

Tigers just played a better game that night and did not make mistakes, Bama/Tua made mistakes which is uncharacteristic of them and that program but proves ANYONE can be beat. Would not go as far as saying we have a better program than Bama, just playing up to their level right now.

We just witnessed what i think was THE BEST Clemson Defense EVER, NFL D line all the way across. Offense did what it took to win and DID not turn the ball over or make many mistakes

Hell of a time to be a Tiger fan and I am enjoying the ride however got to give it to Bama, one of top 3 programs of all time

Actually like listening to Finebaum some times. He is a Bama homer but have no problem with that. Pretty spot on lot of times.

IF I were Bama I would be worried more about UGA than Clemson, they will have to face UGA and win to get back into the CFP Only way they face Clemson is IF they both get to CFP and while odds makers already calling that it is a long season and lot of things can happen to either or both teams. Let each team lose QB1 and see what happens. BOTH QB’s already had minor bumps last season but made it back, could easily go the other way
    Last edited by tprice; 07-22-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Santee is a broke arm puss

But was good at wall ball

Climp5in absolutely currently is a top tier team and will look great due to the community college schedule they have year in and year out
    but if you don't think losing those guys to the NFL is going to be noticeable......

And yes, I know they have studs stepping into their shoes but they are not what just left.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-22-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Paul Finebaum is a whinny pussy.
    He is and ain't got a clue.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Born of a man (Ben Tillman) who would gladly lynch the lot of their own heroes today...[/QUO

Do you know much about General Thomas Sumter, the man from which the gamecock nickname originated? Might check his tactics for recruiting men to join the southern cause.
    Last edited by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER; 07-22-2019 at 09:55 PM.

If you think Clemson fans are touchy, you need to listen to some of the callers to the Finebaum show. Bama fans are special, let's just leave it at that.

Clemson is living rent free in everyone’s head. Even the new pres in coot town. Ice Cream at his house?? Seriously?

It would be hysterical if it wasn’t so sad.

Incoming University of South Carolina president and retired Army general Bob Caslen hopes the dessert will help motivate Gamecock teams to beat rival Clemson in future years.

"I told the board of trustees, and I just told the students, whatever team beats Clemson, whether it's the debate team, whether it's a club team or whether it's the football team, they're invited to my house for an ice cream sundae social," Caslen said at his introductory press conference on Monday.

"We’re going to start learning how to beat Clemson," Caslen said.
    Last edited by MDman; 07-22-2019 at 10:28 PM.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    Clemson is living rent free in everyone’s head. Even the new pres in coot town. Ice Cream at his house?? Seriously?

It would be hysterical if it wasn’t so sad.

Incoming University of South Carolina president and retired Army general Bob Caslen hopes the dessert will help motivate Gamecock teams to beat rival Clemson in future years.

"I told the board of trustees, and I just told the students, whatever team beats Clemson, whether it's the debate team, whether it's a club team or whether it's the football team, they're invited to my house for an ice cream sundae social," Caslen said at his introductory press conference on Monday.

"We’re going to start learning how to beat Clemson," Caslen said.
    probably lacing the ice cream with ostarine…………..Stevie Wonder can see that shit coming
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-22-2019 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Stevie Wonder can see that shit coming
    I concur.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Finebaum is the topic of conversation. That’s all he’s after. Playing both ends against the middle.