Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanford running for POTUS?

Trying to stay relevant is all.

As stated above there was a time when he had a solid chance at the WH. Now he needs to keeps his head low and move on in life. He is a joke and disgrace to SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Ive seen little Mark under pressure & it wasn't anything compared to what Trump has endured. It'd be an ass whipping like he's never known.
    I've seen him lock up just speaking at a Rotary meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I've seen him lock up just speaking at a Rotary meeting.
    Depends. Was he reading from a script, or trying to think off the top of his head? Ive seen how confused he gets when trying to speak with people off the cuff.

The pig toter is simply making a cash grab just like when Fred Thompson ran in 2008. Get a bunch of fools to build you up a nice pile of money, gracefully quit the race, announce that you are retiring from politics, cha-ching. Campaign money is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    The pig toter is simply making a cash grab just like when Fred Thompson ran in 2008. Get a bunch of fools to build you up a nice pile of money, gracefully quit the race, announce that you are retiring from politics, cha-ching. Campaign money is yours.
    ]
    Didn’t realize that. I think I’ll announce my candidacy for President next week. I’ll be running as a Democrat.

Show 'em your feet pics. You'll be a shoo-in for the LGBTQYE or whatever voter segment.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    It is tough on a guy when the limelight goes out.
    Light up blue jeans in your future?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I want my jeans as bright as your toof.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Show 'em your feet pics. You'll be a shoo-in for the LGBTQYE or whatever voter segment.
    That pic really got to you, huh? What’s with this fear of feet? Jesus washed the feet of more than one dude. Ask for him to help you overcome your podophobia.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    He cried on TV, in front of his kids, about “loving” the girl he was running around with....after he got caught. Guy has a screw loose and is a piece of shit.
    What he said. ^^^^

I wish the former Mrs Mark Sanford ( Jenny ) would call me.. I could get used to that level of luxury that she lives in...dat Skilsaw money could keep me on the straight and narrow.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Dear Friend,

I write to explain my decision to dip my toe into the national debate before us, or in the case of what I care about in debt, deficits and spending at the national level, our non-debate. I’m worried. We have a storm coming that we are neither talking about nor preparing for given our country is more financially vulnerable than we have ever been since our nation’s start and the Civil War. We are on a collision course with financial reality and, in compelling ways, the numbers tell this story.

Yet as I watched two Democratic debates I heard no discussion, or even recognition, of what is occurring here. Instead I heard a laundry list of new unpaid, unbudgeted, and unrealistic political promises. This Administration's spending is up above even what President Obama had requested in his last year in office, and President Trump has ruled out action on the very things that drive our spending and accumulated debt. Essentially no one “leading” in Washington is leading, or even speaking of, our financial predicament. We are living in a government spending and financial La-La land and this movie will not end well for any of us.

Which brings me to the larger question of what I, or any of us, can do about it.

Presidential races, and the year they focus our attention to politics, have historically been the venue in which we debate where we go next as a country. Many friends have suggested over the last year that I grab the microphone that comes with this stage and mount a Republican Presidential challenge given the ways in which the party has lost its way, especially in regard to spending and debt. During this time I have passed consistently given the many challenges that would come with a Presidential campaign and hoped someone else would lead that charge. For a variety of reasons no one emerged. And so, on this point I have been left wondering what any of us can do given today’s clearly drawn political lines, the brevity of this political season and the importance of action.

Others friends have suggested something more along the lines of starting an advocacy group tied to debt and government spending.

Both groups have consistently pointed to my unique vantage point from which to judge government finances - as a governor, as a Member of Congress and as a taxpayer outside of politics. Their point has been that I’ve already invested many years of my life to these issues. They ask, “what's a little more time if you might have even a small chance to affect the presidential debate and elevate the idea of limiting government spending and debt?”

I partly agree with my friends - in that we need to have the debate. If we don’t do it this year, we put a national debate off until the next presidential election cycle. I don’t believe we have that much time before inaction guarantees a day of financial reckoning,

On this point, it took us 200 years to accumulate $5 trillion in national debt, but its growth has now become exponential. Our public debt has nearly tripled over the last ten years. This has occurred as we come to an end of a forty year downward drift in interest rates, the longest economic expansion in American history and never before seen asset values and household net worth based on these two factors. If under these circumstances, we can’t get our national finances ordered, when can we?

But I’m still not sure if I should lead that debate or try and act as a catalyst in attempting to start it. So I have decided to take just a first step - and explore that question over the next 30 days. This could lead to running for President as a Republican. The goal here would be to generate a long overdue conversation amongst Republicans on what we believe on debt, deficits, and government spending. It could lead to starting an advocacy group aimed at national conversation on this front. It could mean none of the above. Again, I don’t know, but I suspect, based on people’s responses over the next month, I will garner a very clear picture of what I should or shouldn’t do moving forward.

All this makes your wisdom, prayers, suggestions, and even help in connecting me with others who have insight on this, that much more important over the next month. Please join me and get involved in the dialogue. Accordingly, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Please feel free to reach out via email at mark@marksanford.com, by phone at 843-737-1888, follow along on social media, and visit www.marksanford.com.

Many thanks,
    Mark
    FWIW
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/for...-against-trump

“Sometimes in life you’ve got to say what you’ve got to say, whether there’s an audience or not for that message,” Sanford said.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    This is gonna go over like a turd in the punch bowl
    if you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two imposters just the same.....

Again, I don’t know, but I suspect, based on people’s responses over the next month, I will garner a very clear picture of what I should or shouldn’t do moving forward.

That won't take 30 days Mark... And that pic will be VERY clear.
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 07-18-2019 at 11:23 AM.

The southern majestic brown breasted bed thrasher got Mr. Sanford's money
    Last edited by SCDAWG; 07-18-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Actually he is so tight he lost his seat and still had a million in the bank.
    So if you raise $5 million in campaign funds and only use $2 million and you lose, what happens to the other $3 million?
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Maybe I should run , probably got about as much of a chance .....did he finish the trail ?

He's out. Ended his presidential campaign.