Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington sucks but they don’t deserve this

Default Remington sucks but they don’t deserve this

Sandy hook families given the green light, by the Supreme Court, to sue Remington.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sco...nmaker-proceed
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Merged

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yea... Just saw that.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

It’s opening a door way for more sue happy Americans in every front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure hope they win
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    I sure hope they win
    Why the hell would you want them to win, I get there was a tragedy but it’s not the guns fault.

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown609 View Post
    I don’t agree with the lawsuit, but I can see where the gray area is. There were exceptions to the law protecting gun companies, and one of these exceptions deals with advertising. This is where they are going to try to hit them. Took this quote from an article on the lawsuit.........“families suing Remington, said its advertising "continued to exploit the fantasy of an all-conquering lone gunman, proclaiming: 'Forces of opposition, bow down. You are single-handedly outnumbered.'"........Remington actually used that statement in promoting the rifle. Who comes up with that kind of crap? What part of that seemed like a good idea? Who is their target audience with a statement like that? It will be interesting.
    Police departments, homeowners, people looking to protect themselves and property? I realize the mass murderer makes up a good chunk of the gun buying market, but I’m pretty sure they weren’t the target. And while a lot of gun ads are the silly and cheesy stuff like the above, they’re not criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylanhardwick View Post
    Why the hell would you want them to win, I get there was a tragedy but it’s not the guns fault.

Remington wins the suit knucklehead.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I am no lawyer, but can someone please explain how this is remingtons fault?

In as few words as possible, please.
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

Quote Originally Posted by abarill View Post

It’s not. (2)

Last paragraph:
    "The high court's denial of Remington's petition also does not mean it will be the tribunal's last word on the issue, as it often allows controversial issues to percolate in lower courts for years before weighing in. The Remington case could also make its way back to the Supreme Court on other grounds."

The shooter killed his own mother, then stole her gun from a locked gun cabinet. Tell me what advertisement Remington put out there to advocate those 2 crimes?

This all started when the side of a McDonald's coffee cup said "Caution, Contents Hot".....and a fella spilled it on his grandma, burned her and got paid 2.7 million.

Remington probably didn't say in their Gun Safety manual...."don't shoot your mom, may cause permanent injury or death".

Again, I hope Remington wins or I'm fixing to sue ALL the knife, fork and spoon manufacturers for making me fat.

Quote Originally Posted by abarill View Post

It was their advertising. It is said that Remington targeted young males with guns that could blast away their opponents. In a nutshell, this opens them up because Remington encouraged the shooter's behaviour.

But as I understand, his mother bought the gun for him. I wonder how much input he had on the choice.
    Last edited by rp; 11-13-2019 at 10:42 AM.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    This all started when the side of a McDonald's coffee cup said "Caution, Contents Hot".....and a fella spilled it on his grandma, burned her and got paid 2.7 million.
    When and where did this happen?
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    Late 80’s or 90’s

Quote Originally Posted by Dylanhardwick View Post
    Late 80’s or 90’s

No, it didn't.

The case went to trial in 94 and was very different than someone spilling coffee on their grandmother.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

No, it didn't.

The case went to trial in 94 and was very different than someone spilling coffee on their grandmother.
    Yup it was soooo different. Her grandson was driving and she spilt her own coffee in her lap while he was stopped. I mean damn this isn’t a law blog, the statement was close enough.

Not sure where but I remember it being on the news and stuff. That's why the sticker is in drive thru and all over cups now.
    Last edited by coot nasty; 11-13-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

My understanding is the the ruling has nothing to do with the merits of the case. The court basically said gun makers are not absolutely immune when their products are involved in crimes. I’m not sure why any company would have absolute immunity from liability. Let a jury decide based upon the facts and the law. Remington still likely wins the trial.