Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vehicle allowance or company provided?

Allowance for me

Good stuff so far but still lacking numbers from those that are offered allowances...

All I get is an allowance, 400.00 per month to do with as I see fit.

I wouldn’t go for less than $600 on an allowance in my position. Would require a crew cab 4wd truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Good stuff so far but still lacking numbers from those that are offered allowances...
    $650 Fixed Rate
    Variable rate on miles driven based off current gas prices.

I get between $950-$1200/month.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    Allowance. They offered to buy me a company vehicle but there were to many restrictions to make it attractive.

I would go this route. Plus IF something happens to your employer/job YOU still have a vehicle, if company car not only are you without a job but also a vehicle

isn't an allowance taxable as income?

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    isn't an allowance taxable as income?
    depends on how its structured...

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    I would go this route. Plus IF something happens to your employer/job YOU still have a vehicle, if company car not only are you without a job but also a vehicle
    I’d somewhat disagree with Allowance being a benefit if losing your job comes into play.

Id think the smartest thing would be to have a company provided vehicle, enjoy the benefits of it, but also have a reliable paid off personal vehicle. If you lose your job you’re not continuing to pay for a vehicle that was needed for a job you no longer have.
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 07-18-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    I’d somewhat disagree with Allowance being a benefit if losing your job comes into play.

Id think the smartest thing would be to have a company provided vehicle, enjoy the benefits of it, but also have a reliable paid off personal vehicle. If you lose your job you’re not continuing to pay for a vehicle that was needed for a job you no longer have.

Oh I agree COMPLETELY however in real world too many reps do not think like that, have seen it many times

Dollars and cents wise MUCH better to have a company car, even on a mileage reimbursement employee still gets short end of stick

I drive a company car. My wife can also drive it. I can pick from 8-10 choices and get one Every 2 years or 70k miles. None of them being what I would personally buy which is the only downside. I pay $180/mo pretax and do not pay for anything else. Can use it whenever I want.
    I think if you are driving a lot a company car makes the most sense. If my car catches on fire it wont matter and I will have a new one tomorrow with no out of pocket cost. Hit a deer the other night, busted the bumper all up and I don’t even worry about it. I also wont get hit with the rapid depreciation of a vehicle that has high mileage.

I know some others that get an allowance and it ranges from $450-$700/mo plus variable mileage reimbursements but they cover all insurance, fuel, and maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk