Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a little help

Default Need a little help

Running up the river with the wife. Same place we always go. Hit something, did not even knock the motor up but sounded l picked up some trash on the prop so raised the motor up and it knocked off some cavitation plate right were the trim tab was. Need it found. You get to hang out with us and maybe some young guys want to try finding it as the motor pulls bad right without the trim tab. It is off a 25 Johnson and in 6-7' of water in a small general area. Will make it worth your time. Thanks in ADVANCE
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Dang- ain't never heard of too old to get wet

What river is this on?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Are you talking about the adjustable zinc anode trim tab over the prop and under the cavitation plate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I am understanding, it sounds like it broke a piece of the plate off?
    You are wanting the missing piece to have welded back, correct?

Bush River upper Murray. Johnny Reb, yep, broke it off right at the trim tab. ecu84 you are correct. Thanks and this motor is like new as Britt will attest to.
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Dang- ain't never heard of too old to get wet
    Kinda hard to to in this area by yourself. Come on up

I really need to find this broken off part.

Pictures?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

As many times as I've dropped a pair of sunglasses in knee deep water, only to never see a trace of them again, I'd think that breaking of a piece of flat metal from a moving boat engine in six feet of water in a moving river would be akin to finding a needle in a haystack.

If you’ve got a roofer buddy, this is your best bet.
    https://m.northerntool.com/shop/tool...iABEgI2zPD_BwE

You may be looking at having to replace the lower housing. You may be able to find a suitable add-on "doel-fin" type cavitation plate with adjustable torque tabs. In the mean time, beware that the steering torque is not only annoying, it is very dangerous. One slip of your hand on the tiller or steering wheel at high speed and the boat will do a bat-turn, throw everyone out of the boat and then run in circles until it runs over them. As usual, ALWAYS wear your kill switch lanyard.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    If you’ve got a roofer buddy, this is your best bet.
    https://m.northerntool.com/shop/tool...iABEgI2zPD_BwE
    It's unlikely any of it is magnetic. The stainless bolt might be slightly magnetic but the rest is aluminum and zinc.

If it's what I think it is, they are called "sacrificial anodes" and they sell replacements because they are supposed to wear-away as they fight corrosion.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Nope it broke it off, the caviatation plate. pm me a # and I will send you the pic and maybe you will post it for me. It's in 6-7 ft of water

If I was closer I'd come dive it for you but like WOB said, it may be harder to find than you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Palmetto Bug is correct. Cast aluminium

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    If I was closer I'd come dive it for you but like WOB said, it may be harder to find than you think.
    Maybe but the wife and I just got back and we got it pretty well localized. Just don't have the diving gear

Sent rubberhead a pic

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    If it's what I think it is, they are called "sacrificial anodes" and they sell replacements because they are supposed to wear-away as they fight corrosion.
    I don't think he is worried about the zinc trim tab, it a piece of the cavitation plate he wants back