Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best sprayer for side by side

Default Best sprayer for side by side

Reviews and opinions?

Go
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

build you a boom out of pvc and buy the fittings from TSC. I built one for my four wheeler for $30 that sprays about 10' wide. Buy one of those regular sprayers from TSC for less than 100 bucks and roll out
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

the one that fits in the bed properly

stop by BG and go look at our set up. its simple and works well.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

you opened up a can with that

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    the one that fits in the bed properly

stop by BG and go look at our set up. its simple and works well.

How about your sorry ass just post up a picture that way we don’t have to come by there
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Take note of the GPM of the pump when you buy a tank sprayer. Many come with a <2 GPM pump that may not be adequate if you add a boom with more nozzles.
    This. I upgraded from the cheap $100 model to a 4.0 gpm.

It depends on how much spraying you do. But I won't go back.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...7350_200727350

I bought this one on sale and am very happy with it.- Adjustable to 14' and high flow pump. I have sprayed wide and also just the median in my gravel drive way.
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 07-15-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post

I bought this one on sale and am very happy with it.- Adjustable to 14' and high flow pump. I have sprayed wide and also just the median in my gravel drive way.

IF I were buying one this is the one I would get, bought one similar to this for atv 2-3 yrs back. Mine has boomless sprayer and works fine, boomless part fits in trailer hit receiver which is not a problem but I like this set up much better for sxs

Trailer hitch can drag at times but not a huge ordeal
    Last edited by tprice; 07-15-2019 at 10:53 AM.

I’ve got both the 16 gallon and 26 gallon Northern Tool boomless sprayers. They both fit in the back of my Mule at the same time and work great. Nice to have 40+ gallons when spraying roads, food plots or fire breaks.

I have a few of thoughts.

1. A 5.5GPM pump on a 26 gallon sprayer is about 5 minutes of spraying. Go bigger because you will put down about 20 gallons per acre.
    2. That 5.5GMP pump on the Northstar is a 17 amp draw. Be careful of that as it will reek havoc on your wiring. Only connect by alligator clips direct to a battery and it is a good choice to just hook to a deep cell marine battery. Your little half size utv battery will give out.
    3. Boomless sprayers are good for spraying carpet or sidewalks on non-windy days. You want something that sprays down to get through foliage and deal with breezes.

My suggestion is this one:
    https://www.zoro.com/fimco-lawn-and-...MaAncXEALw_wcB

If you want to go boomless, then this model one is sort of a modified down spraying boomless:
    https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...4?cm_vc=-10005

If you have a wide enough UTV, you can upgrade to the 65 gallon models.

Overall, you are typically not going to be spraying anything taller than the clearance of the UTV. Therefore the modified downspray boomless on the FIMCO should work fine. the boom gives the most even application in the same direction, though. the trade off is the boom has more working parts.

Lastly, when you go to spray, check the little filter cap every half tank. It will clog often with whatever crap gets in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    I have a few of thoughts.

1. A 5.5GPM pump on a 26 gallon sprayer is about 5 minutes of spraying. Go bigger because you will put down about 20 gallons per acre.
    2. That 5.5GMP pump on the Northstar is a 17 amp draw. Be careful of that as it will reek havoc on your wiring. Only connect by alligator clips direct to a battery and it is a good choice to just hook to a deep cell marine battery. Your little half size utv battery will give out.
    3. Boomless sprayers are good for spraying carpet or sidewalks on non-windy days. You want something that sprays down to get through foliage and deal with breezes.

My suggestion is this one:
    https://www.zoro.com/fimco-lawn-and-...MaAncXEALw_wcB

If you want to go boomless, then this model one is sort of a modified down spraying boomless:
    https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...4?cm_vc=-10005

If you have a wide enough UTV, you can upgrade to the 65 gallon models.

Overall, you are typically not going to be spraying anything taller than the clearance of the UTV. Therefore the modified downspray boomless on the FIMCO should work fine. the boom gives the most even application in the same direction, though. the trade off is the boom has more working parts.

Lastly, when you go to spray, check the little filter cap every half tank. It will clog often with whatever crap gets in the tank.

NEVER had any of these issues with my sprayer However most food plots I spray are not any larger than an acre and I have easy access to water or take extra water with me

But like said earlier I bought mine for atv and then bought sxs. Looked at the one at Tractor Supply other day and it was a 45 gallon tank. Like the idea of larger tank IF sxs can hold it ok

26 gallon was a load on my Polaris Sportsman 800 when full
    Last edited by tprice; 07-15-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Good point on the weight. While bigger is better, water is about 8lbs per gallon. A 26 gallon sprayer is as big as an atv should probably carry. Utv can handle more. The 45 gal is about 360 lbs of water.

Another trick that a mutual friend does is load his sprayer in his tractor bucket. He does that to down spray his corn in the dove field. Not as good as a 3 point hitch sprayer, but it works for him. He is in a cab tractor to cut down on spraying himself.

Call site sponsor Williamsburg Ag-Spray Supply. Think they can make you a semi-custom unit that I bet would last much longer than your normal Tractor Supply unit.

https://scducks.com/forum/showthread...ray-Supply-LLC
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post
    Call site sponsor Williamsburg Ag-Spray Supply. Think they can make you a semi-custom unit that I bet would last much longer than your normal Tractor Supply unit.

https://scducks.com/forum/showthread...ray-Supply-LLC
    That's where I got mine from. Great people to deal with. I have 3 boomless sprayers and the ability to turn on/off each one. I also have an agitator and the ability to adjust the pressure. Plus I know if I run into a issue down the road, I won't be left trying to deal with someone at tractor supply.

Mine is 25 gallon because I wanted it to remain "portable" even when full.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    you opened up a can with that
    It's all over for him now.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Your partna needs to get a boomless for his pretty new tractor....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I figured he was getting proactive on the West Nile and trying to find something to fit a golf cart. He's gotta have a golf cart around there. Manual farm labor, that seems like a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    How about your sorry ass just post up a picture that way we don’t have to come by there
    right. like I'm so good at using my cell phone to take a picture of everything that happens to me in a day. hold your breath.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post

I also have this one and like it.