Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New SC CWD Regs

Default New SC CWD Regs

A good proactive step in the right direction.

Discuss...

Gotta start somewhere I reckon
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Doesn’t bother me any
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Acorns, corn and other crops. Find the does, bucks will be nearby.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I used doe pee in the past but I can't say whether it was net helpful or harmful to hunting success. For every time I had bucks obviously trailing the scent, I've had twice as many hunts on which I suspected the scent made deer more spooky.

Even if it was magic, if it could be a vector for introducing CWD, it needs to be banned.

Like baiting.

But especially like baiting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subject: UPDATED Response to PA Video & Dr. Frank Bastian's CWD "Cure" Claims

Research claiming that bacteria are the causative agents of transmissible spongiform encephalopathies has never been reproduced despite extremely rigorous attempts to do so.
    In blind studies done by the University of Maryland School of Medicine, samples of brain material infected with scrapie, along with uninfected samples, were searched for Spiroplasma spp. and other common bacteria and bacteria-like structures using Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) amplification (PCR is a method widely used in molecular biology to make many copies of specific DNA segments). Researchers found no evidence that any eubacterium, including Spiroplasma or any other bacteria type, was consistently associated with scrapie-infected brain tissue, thus concluding that the “agent responsible for TSE disease cannot be a spiroplasma or any other eubacterial species.”

Source:

Absence of Spiroplasma or Other Bacterial 16S rRNA Genes in Brain Tissue of Hamsters with Scrapie

Irina Alexeeva, Ellen J. Elliott, Sandra Rollins, Gail E. Gasparich, Jozef Lazar, Robert G. Rohwer

Journal of Clinical Microbiology Jan 2006, 44 (1) 91-97; DOI: 10.1128/JCM.44.1.91-97.2006

An extensive research project completed at Louisiana State University on the potential roles of Spiroplasma in transmissible spongiform encephalopathies found that following inoculation of Spiroplasma mirum into neonatal goats and five month-old white-tailed deer, none of the animals developed clinical signs or pathology seen in transmissible spongiform encephalopathies. In this study, the bacteria were introduced to the animals intracerebrally, intravenous, or intradermally. Additionally, researchers conducting this study tested three species of Spiroplasma and found that they were susceptible to minimal dilutions of common laboratory disinfectants as well as heat sterilization of only 250°F for 15 minutes. In a wide array of other studies, samples of transmissible spongiform encephalopathy-infected material treated with similar sterilization methods were shown to remain infectious; thus indicating that other factors not related to bacteria result in the transmission and/or persistence of the disease.

Source:

French, Hilari Maree, "Characterization of Spiroplasma mirum and its role in transmissible spongiform encephalopathies" (2011).

LSU Doctoral Dissertations. 3012.

Nearly all experimental examination of TSE-causing agents point to proteins at the infectious agent.
    The hallmark study of the prions’ role in transmissible spongiform encephalopathies was conducted by Dr. Stanley Prusiner who demonstrated that after adding enzymes that destroyed DNA and RNA to scrapie-infected brain material, the material remained infections. These enzymes would have damaged or destroyed bacteria present in the samples. However, when he adding protein-neutralizing enzymes to the scrapie-infected brain material, it’s infectivity plummeted. Thus, he demonstrated that the causative agent of the disease was most likely protein based, not bacterial-based. It should be noted that Prusiner’s work earned a Nobel Prize due to its rigor and reproducibility by other researchers.

Source:

Prusiner SB. (1982). Novel proteinaceous infectious particles cause scrapie. Science. 9;216(4542):136-44.

Artificially synthesized prions have shown to be capable of causing prion disease.
    To rule out the role of unidentified substances as disease causative agents in samples of infectious tissues, researchers successfully created a “clean” synthetic version of the scrapie prion that was capable of infecting mice.

Source:

Legname G, Baskakov IV, Nguyen HB, et al. (2004). Synthetic Mammalian Prions. Science. 7;305:673-676.

Nick Pinizzotto | President & CEO

Ban baiting.

I bet CWD is already here in SC and we just don't know it yet.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    Ban baiting.
    But how will people be able to successfully kill deer if you ban corn???

No new laws
    No new taxes
    No new fees

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    But how will people be able to successfully kill deer if you ban corn???
    Hell its easier to kill big deer with out corn.

Limited govt intrusion
    Psalm 23

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    Ban baiting.
    Ain't no sport in it if you aren't shooting a deer off a corn pile
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

I deer hunt for food, so I’ll keep hunting over corn as long as it’s legal.
    867-5309

So we can't use tinks 69 anymore?

Well that pisses me off.

"Sport" is the second, maybe third, most important thing to me while hunting.

Bo just get one of your ol lady’s rags and hang it in a tree. Big ol boy will be there directly.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler