Thread: Travel Agencies

Default Travel Agencies

I/we have never used a travel agent. How does it work?? Do you pay them a fee, or what?? Is it worth using one or is it better to arrange things myself??
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

We have one in town that's fairly helpful. They've lined up things for me, and have helped a great deal. I think all of their money comes from the places they line up. Like even Disney, I know one of the owners of Camden Travel really loves Disney. She helped with everything even down to meals, fast passes, everything of that nature.

I've used Penyak Travel in the past. It takes away some of the headache. They are a zero fee agency so essentially they make theirs from the places you book.

My wife and I have one here in Lexington that is great. As stated already it’s zero fees and they can usually save you some money. They also know how to look for other options you may not think of.

They are free to you. A good one will go above and beyond to help especially if you get somewhere and have issues. Its best to find someone with experience for what you're looking for. We have a great friend that specializes in Disney and Mexico/Caribbean. She holds annual passes at Disney and is there or Universal checking out new attractions and resorts constantly. We travel with her family some and anytime she travels she checks out surrounding resorts and attractions. They are a great resource IF they know what they are talking about not what the computer screen is telling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    We have one in town that's fairly helpful. They've lined up things for me, and have helped a great deal. I think all of their money comes from the places they line up. Like even Disney, I know one of the owners of Camden Travel really loves Disney. She helped with everything even down to meals, fast passes, everything of that nature.
    I used them for my somewhat last-minute honeymoon plans. Kay was extremely helpful in helping me decide on a location and checking availability, getting special rates, booking the airlines, all that jazz I didn't have time to do myself. I just wrote a check (trip cost, no fees) and was on the way. It was not for Disney.

Julie is the big Disney fan.

That’s all we use for bigger vacations. They’re great if you got a good one. We had to reschedule a trip last year two days before leaving and ours made some calls and got flights, reservations and pick up all changed. Didn’t cost us anything extra.

Julie @ Camden Travel is pretty awesome. She’s done several trips for us and makes it really easy. There are no extra fees, they make money off the hotels and other venues. My experience has been that there is no cost premium and generally you end up saving money because often times they have vouchers and other programs that you can’t access.

She is also very well traveled and has likely been to where you want to go, which makes it really nice.

You don’t have to live in Camden to use her.......we don’t.
    Last edited by Chessbay; 07-12-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks, fellas. I believe I'll give one a try for our next vacation.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.