Thread: Will The Circle Be Unbroken

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Will The Circle Be Unbroken

A long list of all the good ones in this video.

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

There are a lot of cool stories about these sessions. I have all of the songs as well as some from similar subsequent albums. Here is one of a few good reads on the subject of "when the hippies came to Nashville"...

https://bittersoutherner.com/from-th...e-to-nashville

Actually, I just noticed that this is from Volume 2. I think the first sessions were even cooler.

Cool. Thanks for the link.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Great article. Thanks again.

Wow.That's strange. I was lookin at that album last night thinkin " wish I had a turntable to give this a Spin on"
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

What i would have paid to here all these guys at once.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Some familiar faces in this one

Last edited by Duck cutter; 07-12-2019 at 06:57 PM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Ricky Skaggs has, hands down, the best hair in history.

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    What i would have paid to here all these guys at once.
    No doubt. That's a list of who's who in country music back in 1971 when they recorded this one. These are the legends listed under the video:

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band 1989, Jeff Hanna, Jimmie Fadden, Bob Carpenter, Jimmy Ibbotson, Johnny Cash, Roy Acuff, Bruce Hornsby, Paulette Carlson, Michael M. Murphey, Earl Scruggs, Roy Huskey Jr., Randy Scruggs, Ricky Skaggs, Chris Hillman, Jimmy Martin, Levon Helm, Emmylou Harris, John Hiatt, Roger McGuinn, Bela Fleck, Sam Bush, Mark O'connor, Rosanne Cash, Jerry Douglas, Chet Atkins, Marty Stuart, Vassar Clements, The Carter Family, John Prine.

Edited: I said 1971 but according to the article that's when Volume One was done. Wad Shooter said this was from Volume 2 so I'm not sure when this one was done. Amazon has the CD for $12.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 07-12-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Short documentary (11:00) of the first one:

Doc Watson is my favorite musician of all time. I’m glad I have a wife and daughter with “eyes of the prettiest brown” so I can play them shady grove.

I think volume 3 is great also. It has Alison Krause so how could it suck.

I saw doc at the new berry opera house shortly before he died. He was trying to avoid getting sick so he didn’t shake hands afterwards, but I am looking forward to flatpicking with him in heaven

Here are some audios from the original, Volume 1: