Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Tide rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    I'll be using 3/4 marine grade plywood for sure
    Uh, please do your self a favor and do not do all this work and replace the wood with wood.

Spend the extra $ and go composite.

Have fun and cheers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    Uh, please do your self a favor and do not do all this work and replace the wood with wood.

Spend the extra $ and go composite.

Have fun and cheers.

Divinycell or Coosa board

I'm having a hard time sourcing composite materials local. Dont mind driving. Anyone know where I can find it around Columbia?
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I had coosa shipped to me.....it wasn't too bad itself, but shipping was expensive.

I couldn't find anything locally either.

Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Sheep was it cheaper to have it shipped to a "commercial" address?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Any updates on this rebuild?

Jamestown Distributors or US Composites as your source for fiberglass/composites if you have not already found them

Just looking over this and wondering why there is a hole in the bulge area? Mine has the same thing and I’m wondering if that has caused the stringers to break down by allowing water to get back there and sit against the stringers.
    I drain the bilge everyone I get out off the ramp, but it seems that every time I get home, more water has found its way back from under the floor. I’m wanting to redo my floor one day, can you seal that entire bulge area in, or is there some reason it’s open?
    381D36EA-D508-403E-AF12-B4FB8DBEBF92.jpg

Small amount of progress. Honestly waiting on some cooler weather.

Duckz my boat was a center console. There was a piece of PVC that the steering cables ran through under the floor.

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

Interesting. I wonder why mine has that too.

Quote Originally Posted by duckz View Post
    Interesting. I wonder why mine has that too.
    Could also be drainage so any water in there doesn’t sit trapped against the stringer.

Just looking over this and wondering why there is a hole in the bulge area? Mine has the same thing and I’m wondering if that has caused the stringers to break down by allowing water to get back there and sit against the stringers.
    I drain the bilge everyone I get out off the ramp, but it seems that every time I get home, more water has found its way back from under the floor. I’m wanting to redo my floor one day, can you seal that entire bulge area in, or is there some reason it’s open?
    381D36EA-D508-403E-AF12-B4FB8DBEBF92.jpg
    I think it’s because the bilge also fills the front live well, so that cut out is for the pipe that runs to it.

Not on mine. It was just for steering cables. Could be for other boats.

How's it coming along? Im fixing to start my floor re-build in a couple weeks on my super v

What is your plan for securing the floor to the floor to the sidewalls ? I am going to tackle this project in the spring and slowly getting ready. Since there are no stringers on the edge, how do you secure the floor without having flex underneath? Once you lay the floor down, its not like you can lay cloth and glass it from underneath, so do you just lay cloth and glass on the top of the floor and run it against the sidewall ?
    20190713_151428.jpg

What is your plan for securing the floor to the floor to the sidewalls ? I am going to tackle this project in the spring and slowly getting ready. Since there are no stringers on the edge, how do you secure the floor without having flex underneath? Once you lay the floor down, its not like you can lay cloth and glass it from underneath, so do you just lay cloth and glass on the top of the floor and run it against the sidewall ?
    20190713_151428.jpg
    On mine I grinded the entire lip off around the edge. I poured foam in the bottom filling all cavities. Then ran a fat bead of thickened epoxy over the top of the stringers and along the edges where the floor meets the sides. Then another fat bead of thick epoxy all around the edge on top of the floor and then layered the glass tape up on the sides overlapping each layer. With the foam underneath there’s no flex. It’s unbelievably strong

If built correctly you should not have the floor flex there. To blend the floor to the side, grind down the edge, put in a fillet of thickened epoxy then tab in with 2 overlapping layers of 1708. Once dried fair with a marine fairing compound or Q cells mixed in epoxy.

You should have the underside of your floor glassed before you install it.
    Last edited by SouthernWake; 01-23-2020 at 10:02 PM.