Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeeps

There's a guy here in Lexington that has one of those little Mahindra jeeps and that dude drives it all over town.

Jozie&Me, def not pristine. Shes got some rust spots, inside smells like wet ass and dog, the electronics work when they want to. Just need to take interior out, rhino line it, and get some seat covers.

I know for a fact you can fit five 250lb hogs in a 2 door wrangler.

Alls I know is that I have two choices to show property.
    1. Put the trailer on the truck and load the utv up. Get to property and unload the polaris. Show property. Repeat for next tract.
    2. Drive jeep to property with clients inside. Drive jeep across property and through woods. Repeat.

The truck certainly drives better, but nothing turns around in the woods on tight logging roads better than a jeep. It needs repairs, but less than my wife's Infinity QX56 (which I just got rid of for that reason).

I agree that they are greatly overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by bnicknad View Post
    led0321, yup I was a Tracker. I took my Jeep out to Onlsow beach as often as I could. We'd fish the inlet and up and down the beach.
    Onslow is one of the Corps greatest secrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bnicknad View Post
    led0321, yup I was a Tracker. I took my Jeep out to Onlsow beach as often as I could. We'd fish the inlet and up and down the beach.
    I will be sitting on the point at New River Inlet Saturday with the boat pulled up on the beach and
    my toes in the water looking for clams while my wife looks for shark teeth.
    I will then go right around the corner and catch some trout

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I will be sitting on the point at New River Inlet Saturday with the boat pulled up on the beach and
    my toes in the water looking for clams while my wife looks for shark teeth.
    I will then go right around the corner and catch some trout
    I found some good shark's teeth on Onslow Beach. One is 2.5" long and 1.5" wide.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I travel a great deal and have rented about everything made. HH#12 got it right, they are overpriced, drive and ride like shit (the 2019 is the best of all and it still sucks) but you can get your money back out of them. So if you want to try one the risk is low but I recommend you just go rent one for a couple of days and drive the hell out of it to see.
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

Damn, ya'll hating on the best 4x4 ever made.

We rented a Jeep in Colorado in February. Drove to 14000 ft in a few ft of snow in some places. Could t get the damn thing stuck it just kept trucking along.

Also couldn’t get it out of 4wd from the time we rented it. Everything on the interior rattled. It was a basic bare bones jeep. I’m 6’4 and was cramped (4 door rental). They said it was the bigger motor I assume v6. It had plenty of power and mpg wasn’t bad but it felt cheap on the interior. It didn’t leave us stranded or felt like it would and as a rental it had 76k on the dash.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

I've owned/own a few. They are what they are, but I'll never be without one. Daily driver, no. Fully capable, depending on how it is set up and fun as hell to drive, yes.

Picture 027.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_20170409_142838724_HDR.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    I'm looking for one just to make it a trapping vehicle, that's the only thing I want it for.
    https://www.roxoroffroad.com/
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I've owned a few and agree that they are now grossly overpriced. The last one was an 09 Rubicon that was my wife's and then we gave it to my son. Sold it last year but never had an issue with it. As some have mentioned I wouldn't want one as a daily driver but I'll have another one before it's over as a weekend/hunting rig.

I've owned several TJ's, a JK, and my JTR (jeep gladiator rubicon) will arrive at the dealer in the next 10 days or so. I sold my 17' F150 to get the Gladiator. It's a truck. It's a jeep. It rides nice. Lots of features that make it a daily driver. Ordered mine from Tri City Jeep in Eden, NC. 5% below invoice. No haggle.

Right now im driving the JK Rubicon 2 door every day. Love it. My f150 was boring. Great truck, but boring.

They're not made for big people.

Looks like a Scrambler on steroids. What's MSRP?
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Looks like a Scrambler on steroids. What's MSRP?
    Mid 40s

Quote Originally Posted by ceddy View Post
    Guy at work just got a new one for his wife. It is very nice, wider stance than the old ones and a much better suspension. He likes it better than his new Denali 1500 and made a comment today that he would drive it everyday if he didn’t need the truck.
    surprised no one else had anything to say about this. bet he wears skinny jeans
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by jharkey View Post
    and they wonder why boykin owners get picked on.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

i'm not worried