Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeeps

Default Jeeps

Never been a big fan, 15 years ago the wife had a nice, new and loaded Cherokee Limited.
    Drove like a Caddy and I liked it but always something wrong with it. Swore I would never buy another.
    fast forward to the present
    I am seeing some of these 4 door thingy's like Rubicons, etc
    and they look nice. Everyone tells me they still have all kinds of transmission issues, etc

If you have one, please discuss. I have the itch

Ones around here have a dealer premium on them, like $5-6K. They’re not even dealing on them, you want it you pay full price. Crazy if you ask me. I’m sure it’ll be no time before some HS kid around here gets one with 1/2 a lift kit on it.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 07-10-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

My wife HAD to have a wrangler a few years back. We got her one that was decked out. Leather, nav, one color, 4 doors, premium wheels, the works. I hated it with a passion. It’s cramped, drives like hell, rides like hell, slow, underpowered, and just overall useless. The only good thing about it, we just about to our money back when we sold it, good resell value.

When I was in Hawaii a few weeks ago we rented one for the week ... it renergized my hatred for wranglers.

Preach.

I like it as a fun item, no way in hell it would be my daily driver

You'd be better off getting a wagon with 2 horses to pull you along. Damm a wrangler. They should be buried up to the doors and made flower beds out of.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Thanks, I needed someone to talk me out of it.
    Mission accomplished

Guy at work just got a new one for his wife. It is very nice, wider stance than the old ones and a much better suspension. He likes it better than his new Denali 1500 and made a comment today that he would drive it everyday if he didn’t need the truck.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Thanks, I needed someone to talk me out of it.
    Mission accomplished
    Me too..
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Bought my wife an ‘05 two door for fun . She loves it.

It is what it is. I would never have one as a daily driver.

Friend at work has an ‘18 4 door tricked out. I wouldn’t trade him even money for mine.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I have had one since 1998. Still running strong. Survived me being a young dumb Marine, 5 years of college, and multiple hunt club mud bogging nights. Same transmission, same engine. Just do basic maintenance on it and it hasn't left me stranded yet. It hasn't been my daily driver in over 10 years, but wouldn't hesitate to drive it cross county if needed.

jeep1.jpg

I have always thought they were cool. However, they seem useless. Zero cargo space, cannot tow for shit, no room for kids, loud, no room for hunting gear, nowhere to haul a deer without a shin busting cargo hauler.

They would be awesome if used as a side by side or if you were a basic bitch driving on the beach in California.

IMO, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheerleader jeeps

I'm looking for one just to make it a trapping vehicle, that's the only thing I want it for.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

led0321 you are correct. Very limited space, they are loud, old Jeeps ride rough, pain in the ass getting little ones in and out. If I'm going hunting I remove the back seat and throw everything back there. It tows my duck boat just fine and I love the looks I get when I strap a deer on the hood and roll to the processor. I absolutely use it just like a side by side. Just can seem to part ways with the ol'girl.

Quote Originally Posted by bnicknad View Post
    I have had one since 1998. Still running strong. Survived me being a young dumb Marine, 5 years of college, and multiple hunt club mud bogging nights. Same transmission, same engine. Just do basic maintenance on it and it hasn't left me stranded yet. It hasn't been my daily driver in over 10 years, but wouldn't hesitate to drive it cross county if needed.

jeep1.jpg
    That looks Pristine for a '98.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

led0321 you are correct. Very limited space, they are loud, old Jeeps ride rough, pain in the ass getting little ones in and out. If I'm going hunting I remove the back seat and throw everything back there. It tows my duck boat just fine and I love the looks I get when I strap a deer on the hood and roll to the processor. I absolutely use it just like a side by side. Just can seem to part ways with the ol'girl.
    I have always wanted one. Were you at Lejeune ?

led0321 I was at Lejeune. Out at Courthouse bay. Live here in Beaufort now.

led0321 I was at Lejeune. Out at Courthouse bay. Live here in Beaufort now.
    Tracker? You ever take the jeep on Onslow beach?

led0321, yup I was a Tracker. I took my Jeep out to Onlsow beach as often as I could. We'd fish the inlet and up and down the beach.