Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Specklebelly Study

Quote Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
    I know the guy in charge of this study....I helped him catch some black bellies a few years ago...he deff puts in the miles and hours to get this data. He bands more waterfowl by his crew than the whole rest of the country...a couple years ago his cracked corn bill was $33,000. Talking to him about ducks will make your head explode
    Paul Link is THE MAN when it comes to banding waterfowl. He and Larry Reynolds are two of the best in the field and the LDWF is fortunate to have them.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

We had one killed in Alberta that was banded in dead horse Alaska.
    I'm watching gw teal and blacks at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Default White Front Goose Update!

This is a very cool! Waterfowl are amazing!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

cool stuff. thanks for sharing!

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Another Spec journey, this one non stop posted below.

She flew non-stop 1,541 miles reaching a top speed of 93mph over western ND, stopped for 4 hours near Hickory Ridge, AR (her ground speed slowed to just 31 mph; must have stalled out with the front), and settled into NE LA at 1451 on 7Oct. 1,732 miles in 30 hours, and well over 11,000 miles in the 11 months since I captured her.

From "Waterfowl Tomorrow" ;

The Blue Winged Teal makes some pretty crazy travel plans as can be read in this excellent book with one of the coolest being a BWT that was banded in Saskatchewan and 6 months later had flown 7,000 miles where it was killed in Peru.

Another of the BWT is that of a teal killed atop a 13,000' volcanic lake in Ecuador shortly after being banded in Manitoba Canada some 4000 miles away.
    Last edited by Strick9; 10-13-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Another Spec journey, this one non stop posted below.

She flew non-stop 1,541 miles reaching a top speed of 93mph over western ND, stopped for 4 hours near Hickory Ridge, AR (her ground speed slowed to just 31 mph; must have stalled out with the front), and settled into NE LA at 1451 on 7Oct. 1,732 miles in 30 hours, and well over 11,000 miles in the 11 months since I captured her.

From "Waterfowl Tomorrow" ;

The Blue Winged Teal makes some pretty crazy travel plans as can be read in this excellent book with one of the coolest being a BWT that was banded in Saskatchewan and 6 months later had flown 7,000 miles where it was killed in Peru.

Another of the BWT is that of a teal killed atop a 13,000' volcanic lake in Ecuador shortly after being banded in Manitoba Canada some 4000 miles away.
    This speck flew right over my farm in AR.
    80-20 Genaration