Thread: Best sportfishing lodge?

Default Best sportfishing lodge?

Trying to put a trip together for early next year. Any input on the following or other options. Tropic Star Lodge, Casa Vieja, Los Suenos?

Tropic Star is on my list.
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 07-09-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Cheeca Lodge is pretty damn good..ain't nevva been, but they tell me it's nice
    At least I'm housebroken.

Your list is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by teal74 View Post
    Trying to put a trip together for early next year. Any input on the following or other options. Tropic Star Lodge, Casa Vieja, Los Suenos?
    Every one of those is on my places to visit.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Great choices listed. Been to Cheeca many times . Never disappointed. For a great adventure without leaving the US -

Venice, LA for YFT. Out of the way destination, good lodgings at several local resorts. Super good food close by.

Travel to CR ?? Add the Zancudo Lodge to your places to look at in CR. Great fishing for Roosterfish, Billfish, Tuna, Jacks, Snook.

Tarpon ?? Silver King Lodge on the Caribbean side of CR. Best place I know of to have a real chance at a 200+ LB Tarpon. Diverse place to fish with the Rainforest as your backdrop. Lots of species to target inshore - and there are some giant Snook to be caught in the river .. they also offer offshore charters into the Gulf ..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

A Roosterfish is a bucket list fish for me. Don’t know why, just a cool looking AJ and I’ve damn near mastered those things.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Any one have any insight into boats or captains.

My Brother fly's down to Casa Vieja every year year and loves it. Think they had like 67 hook-ups last time down. You want to talk to him about holler and will hook you up with him
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Sent you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by teal74 View Post
    Any one have any insight into boats or captains.
    yes, the ones those nice lodges put you in.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Tropic Star is on my list.

Got a friend that says this is a MUST DO.

Los Suenos...incredible place.

Only lose an hour, 2.5 hour flight give or take. Leave the dock @ 7:00, run 30 minutes....catch marlin, sails, Tuna and dolphin and be back @ 4:30.

Sunny, ridiculously flat seas and the Hook Up is not bad to hang out at night.