Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pawleys / Litchfield ?

Quote Originally Posted by duckchoppin View Post
    If you want to play somewhere that isn't crowded try Wedgefield in Georgetown. Hell I may even come play with you.
    I might do that. If I bring my clubs my son will probably want to bring his.. No clue on our activities yet though, as we just kinda planned this last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    are you dragging an anchor ball?
    Yeah, I pull a 13.5”X29” LD3. The problem was that maneuvering in a 3-4 with 5’s thrown in and a tide ripping against the wind creates a belly in the line. Can’t go fast to pop it and going slow leaves little steerage so it ends up under the boat.

I have 600’ of 5/8” line attached to 25’ of 5/16” chain and a 13.5# Danforth, pulling that in by hand sucks balls without the buoy.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Let me know if you do. I live there and play often.

I sure will, looks like the 29th or 30th might be the better days.

Had a tee-time at Heritage in Pawleys this morning at 9:40. At 8:48, they told us we could go out whenever we were ready. Very few seem to be playing in this hot weather.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Summertime is mighty fine.

The last time I played Heritage I made the turn in a little over 3 hours and then I turned right into the parking lot and left.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Summertime is mighty fine.
    I started a new thing today at the stores..Shorts for Mondays after Lunchtime

20190708_172415.jpg

The last time I played Heritage I made the turn in a little over 3 hours and then I turned right into the parking lot and left.
    I would have died a little inside on a day like that. I'm anxious just thinking about it.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of stories about 6hr rounds at Heritage.

HS...you have golf feet. Need to wear those flops more often outside. LOL
    Last edited by MKW; 07-08-2019 at 05:35 PM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Flounder bite has been on, but until recently they've been on the wrecks in 40-60'.
    If you're wanting to catch good quality and quantity, it's worth hiring a guide. They do it everyday and have it dialed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Yeah, I pull a 13.5”X29” LD3. The problem was that maneuvering in a 3-4 with 5’s thrown in and a tide ripping against the wind creates a belly in the line. Can’t go fast to pop it and going slow leaves little steerage so it ends up under the boat.

I have 600’ of 5/8” line attached to 25’ of 5/16” chain and a 13.5# Danforth, pulling that in by hand sucks balls without the buoy.
    That makes me tired thinking about it. I hope you have some teenage boys to pull that in!

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Yeah, I've heard a lot of stories about 6hr rounds at Heritage.

HS...you have golf feet. Need to wear those flops more often outside. LOL
    Ha, I know. I wear flops around basically anytime and sometimes even in the office.. but I've spent more time in golf shoes this summer than I have since I was a teenager.

that's a nice set up

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    That makes me tired thinking about it. I hope you have some teenage boys to pull that in!
    It’s nothing when you can get the ball on it. Floats it right to the surface and pull it in while you motor back to it. Sometimes we’ll wrap it on the bow and stern cleats and drag it if moving a short distance. Gets a bit hairy in seas like we had Friday, that wind built quick, probably should have pulled it sooner but that’s hard to do when you’re bailing 3-4# sea bass, triggers and big pinkies.

Though I have finally found something that gets you wet in the Southport. Then again you’d get wet in about any boat in that crap.

If you’re on the creek early in the AM look for a bald headed yankee in a Hobie Kayak and get him to teach you what to do, that’s my fishing buddy Rob. He catches more fish over there than anybody I know. Man’s a fishing machine. If he’s not catching them, you might as well find something else to do that day.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 07-08-2019 at 11:19 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

It’s nothing when you can get the ball on it. Floats it right to the surface and pull it in while you motor back to it. Sometimes we’ll wrap it on the bow and stern cleats and drag it if moving a short distance. Gets a bit hairy in seas like we had Friday, that wind built quick, probably should have pulled it sooner but that’s hard to do when you’re bailing 3-4# sea bass, triggers and big pinkies.

Though I have finally found something that gets you wet in the Southport. Then again you’d get wet in about any boat in that crap.

If you’re on the creek early in the AM look for a bald headed yankee in a Hobie Kayak and get him to teach you what to do, that’s my fishing buddy Rob. He catches more fish over there than anybody I know. Man’s a fishing machine. If he’s not catching them, you might as well find something else to do that day.
    I am building a 25 foot boat and plan on using a Rhodan bow mount. I was told it will hold you in position with strong wind and current. It sure would be nice not to have to use all of that rode. Time will tell.

Fished MI yesterday, 1 16" fish inside the N jetty about 200 yrs from the end. Caught it fan casting a carolina rig with a MM. None of my other spots, money spots, had nothing there. Water was 85.4 degrees, there are on the reefs.I talked to a couple guys that live in MI that I used to fish with and they concurred the fish are outside on the reefs.

Salty caught 1 in 80 ft, cooler water live bottom I'm sure.

Flounder tournaments in MI are in April and May, that should tell us something. If I am here I going to try it, can't sit on the beach or inside.

If I were you I would get fiddlers at Perry's and sheephead fish.

Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    Fished MI yesterday, 1 16" fish inside the N jetty about 200 yrs from the end. Caught it fan casting a carolina rig with a MM. None of my other spots, money spots, had nothing there. Water was 85.4 degrees, there are on the reefs.I talked to a couple guys that live in MI that I used to fish with and they concurred the fish are outside on the reefs.

Salty caught 1 in 80 ft, cooler water live bottom I'm sure.

Flounder tournaments in MI are in April and May, that should tell us something. If I am here I going to try it, can't sit on the beach or inside.

If I were you I would get fiddlers at Perry's and sheephead fish.
    I still need to get you on the boat in Charleston, we should be able to do a little better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    I am building a 25 foot boat and plan on using a Rhodan bow mount. I was told it will hold you in position with strong wind and current. It sure would be nice not to have to use all of that rode. Time will tell.
    Yeah, I’ve been looking at the Rhodan as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    I still need to get you on the boat in Charleston, we should be able to do a little better than that.
    We'll do it.