Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pawleys / Litchfield ?

Default Pawleys / Litchfield ?

Headed down for a week Saturday.....hot is it’s been Flounder bite still decent?

You're going down for a week. What difference does it make if the bite has been decent? Go fishing. You might be there just as the next bite cranks up. Think about it. For every "bite", somebody was there when it started to heat up.

They gotta eat
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Fish eat daily, from the time they are born til the day they die

“The bite” is a myth
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Thanks for everyone’s lesson on “you can’t catch them on the couch”

The bite is a myth, eh? Haven’t heard that.

I’ll be down there
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

I am down here right now, will let you know tomorrow how we do.

Fish the tide change. If mullet are in the creek, get them. Or shrimp. A buddy has been tearing up everything at sunset and sunrise no matter the tide.

I’d offer to let you ride with us to pull on the bottom but will be in the Keys then.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 07-07-2019 at 06:18 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I fished for 5 hrs yesterday and caught 1 flounder and had one small flounder follow my bait to boat. Water was muddy. I was in icw behind Sullivan’s and iop. I’m blaming it on boat traffic though. People don’t understand slow no wake apparently
    867-5309

That’s better thanks fellas

fishing has been slow this summer. Some decent keeper flounder being caught at Gtown jetties. Pawleys has lots of throwbacks.

I can’t speak specifically to that area but I have been doing well on incoming tides looking for deeper holes in creeks.
    That being said most of my fishing lately has been waiting for the water to get into the grass and I haven’t spent much time on outgoing.
    Areas near inlets have been better numbers wise than way back in.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    fishing has been slow this summer. Some decent keeper flounder being caught at Gtown jetties. Pawleys has lots of throwbacks.
    Biggest flounder we’ve caught have been in 80’.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Biggest flounder we’ve caught have been in 80’.
    near shore artificial reefs and buoys are the best kept secret in flounder fishing

I’ll be down at Pawleys that week too...headed down this coming Friday

Several offshore artificial reefs in S.C. are loaded with (big) flounder. I’ve seen enough flounder diving on several reefs to “sink and the boat”. We dove 6HI years ago and you couldn’t put your hand on the bottom without touching a flounder.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDuckhunter1979 View Post
    I’ll be down at Pawleys that week too...headed down this coming Friday
    But, but , but you won't fish!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    Several offshore artificial reefs in S.C. are loaded with (big) flounder. I’ve seen enough flounder diving on several reefs to “sink and the boat”. We dove 6HI years ago and you couldn’t put your hand on the bottom without touching a flounder.
    Was on CF today and saw a couple of good pics of the group from Manning in Venice a while back, brought sweat to my eyes, always a great friend.

the fishing in pawleys creek was right slow a week ago.

and relentlous...i was down at dewees this past weekend. you should've come pick me up! at least we coulda gotten into some sheepshead where you were.

as it stands, my family caught enough nice black drum to make a meal. also caught 4 or 5 slot reds that we threw back.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.