Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Mob?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you can’t be charged with shoplifting unless you make it out the door....?
    Last edited by KRT; 07-07-2019 at 08:44 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I don't care what color your skin is I just hate a thief.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nah bro, it's cool. He's for capitalism when it's a store he likes.

The irony is that DG is beating Walmart at its own game. And Amazon is beating them both at its own game.

We should just apply tariffs to these stores to make it fair. We can take the tariff money and share it to the employees that affected.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoss View Post
    I don't care what color your skin is I just hate a thief.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I can’t stand a liar or a thief. Years ago I learned they go hand in hand.
    A fish bites 2 times a day, right before I get to the water, and as soon as my boat gets back on the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but you can’t be charged with shoplifting unless you make it out the door....?
    Thru out my career as a DM and a RM with fortune 500 retailers, the same rules (policy) 5 steps for all before a "stop" could be made were:
    1 -you must observe the perp entering the store
    2- they must be observed selecting the merchandise
    3- they must be observed concealing the merchandise
    4- there must be uninterrupted surveillance of the perp once you see the concealment. For example, you see the conceal, then you lose em for a minute and then locate them again on another isle...you could not make the stop, because they could have dumped the merchandise while you lost them. This is where most "bad stops" happen.
    5 - they must pass thru an "opportunity" to checkout and hit the foyer. Can stop in the foyer

Keep in mind they have LP employees watching cameras and they communicate with LP people on the sales floor.
    When you hear things like "Dept 9 to sporting goods" over the intercom. That is an associate telling LP to get eyes on sporting goods
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-07-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post

Keep in mind they have LP employees watching cameras and they communicate with LP people on the sales floor.
    When you hear things like "Dept 9 to sporting goods" over the intercom. That is an associate telling LP to get eyes on sporting goods
    I’ve always wondered how much of a difference LP makes from a numbers perspective. The shrinkage of stores with LP vs stores without, and whether or not the LP makes much of a difference after you factor in their salaries.
    Last edited by wskinner; 07-07-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I’ve always wondered how much of a difference LP makes from a numbers perspective. The shrinkage of stores with LP vs stores without, and whether or not the LP makes much of a difference after you factor in their salaries.
    They make a huge difference with the "internal shrink". A dishonest associate ring will clip a store for $50K or much more.
    Get two crooks working in the receiving dept, unloading and checking in trucks and you can grab your ankles.
    Shoplifting is chump change compared to the internal rats. A dishonest associate on a cash register, free ringing cohorts, friends and family is big bucks.
    LP does more than watch cameras, they audit cash returns, deleted items on receipts, merchandise credit slips, etc...…..they can connect dots

most employees we arrested for stealing were women and not men, most shoplifters we prosecuted were women and not men.
    Not kids either, 40, 50 year olds and had jobs and a good family. Never whom you think it is. The biggest case we ever had was lady married
    to a DR and she confessed to over $200k over a two year time period. She was addicted to the thrill of stealing. She brought old clothes from the goodwill into the store inside her purse, then selected new items off the rack for fitting room, inside fitting room she swapped old with new items and handed the old crap to the fitting room attendant who just counts the items you take in and bring out, She had the new item tags on the old crap. Pretty friggin smart

They know what to look for when watching the front door. Enter a double baby stroller with one baby in it, a women entering with a huge purse but the purse is flat (nothing in it)
    I can go on and on...…..
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-07-2019 at 10:52 PM.

This is some great insight.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Roddie, we may have a candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Roddie, we may have a candidate.
    HOLY SHIT
    Put this dude on retainer. Dude was ready to take on all of Disney...
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

i'm just glad to see the word fenestration continuing to be used.....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

It’s a good word. #VocabLife

Looks like he's all about equality too. He will hit a woman just as fast as a man.

I've used it correctly in a sentence about 50 times since Glenn brought it back into common usage. However 49 times , the reply was feneswhat??

Just damn.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Absolutely no amount of education could ever impart a more superior vocabulary than 3 late 70's issues of these...

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Looks like he's all about equality too. He will hit a woman just as fast as a man.
    I noticed he went after the women a lot quicker than the men. He seemed to dance and hesitate when it came to the men, but he would bow right up to the "lady."

That is a good way to get kilt.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

A lot of sackless men there too. Oh wait we are talking Disneyland here..
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    A lot of sackless men there too. Oh wait we are talking Disneyland here..
    serious question.

You are at Disney, Carowinds etc with your wife and two small kids.

You round the corner and THIS is happening.

Do you intervene? Do you stay and watch? Do you videotape?
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

The security guard just casually strolls up to the woman who just her ass whooped and says “do me a favor calm down”. Hahahahahaha what a clown! And I’m pretty sure they were all in the same family but was hard to understand the words that were coming out of their mouths.