Thread: Rip Rap Cost

Default Rip Rap Cost

Anyone priced it lately? Do they charge by the pound or ft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the ton at the quarry
    How much you need?

I think class b is $40 a ton
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 07-27-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    By the ton at the quarry
    How much you need
    Not sure if I’m going to need any yet. Just trying to figure out how to calculate if I do.

We bought 40ish tons on some property 10 years ago, and it was around $25 a ton delivered

Call Willinghams in Newberry. They can tell you. What size?
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Length x width x thickness gives cubic feet. Divide by 27 to get yards- Class b is man sized rip rap and should average basketball size, I get it delivered in Charleston for about $70 ton for a tri- axle truck full. Smaller amounts cost more delivered.

It works best when installed on a 2/1 slope- if you need 3' vertical it should slope back 6 feet.
    Geotextile cloth should be installed beneath it.

The Martin Marietta website has a product calculator that is right on the money- select aggregates then chose granite, put in your numbers and get your amount.

If you are going to use a wheelbarrow- get an industrial steel one with a solid rubber tire- the blue ones at Lowes cost about $100- rip-rap will destroy the average wheelbarrow.

If you are going to hire it out make sure they properly slope it and use the woven polypropylene geotextile cloth- Cost installed should be between $150-$200/ ton- pay them per the weight ticket from the truck. It's a very labor intensive project. Don't let them dump it on your driveway unless they use a dump pad- ours is 16x16, otherwise it should be dumped on the ground on a big tarp and make the contractor clean up all the dirt and rock chips- we normally dump it on the rip rap.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Length x width x thickness gives cubic feet. Divide by 27 to get yards- Class b is man sized rip rap and should average basketball size, I get it delivered in Charleston for about $70 ton for a tri- axle truck full. Smaller amounts cost more delivered.

It works best when installed on a 2/1 slope- if you need 3' vertical it should slope back 6 feet.
    Geotextile cloth should be installed beneath it.

The Martin Marietta website has a product calculator that is right on the money- select aggregates then chose granite, put in your numbers and get your amount.

If you are going to use a wheelbarrow- get an industrial steel one with a solid rubber tire- the blue ones at Lowes cost about $100- rip-rap will destroy the average wheelbarrow.

If you are going to hire it out make sure they properly slope it and use the woven polypropylene geotextile cloth- Cost installed should be between $150-$200/ ton- pay them per the weight ticket from the truck. It's a very labor intensive project. Don't let them dump it on your driveway unless they use a dump pad- ours is 16x16, otherwise it should be dumped on the ground on a big tarp and make the contractor clean up all the dirt and rock chips- we normally dump it on the rip rap.

Let me know if you need any more info.
    Sounds like solid info right there. Thx