Thread: dnr sticker

Default dnr sticker

Where do yall get the 36" long dnr fish measuring stickers for your boats? I looked on dnr website and googled but cant find it. I had to take mine off to paint the sides and need a new one.

I grabbed a free one (green SCDNR measuring decal) at Sportsman's Warehouse I think

Where are you located?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I could be getting this confused with tide books but i’m pretty sure DNR gives them to all the local sporting stores one time a year and when they are out they are out until the next. But west marine if not.
    Last edited by cam1195; 07-04-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Any of the regional DNR offices should have them. I know Clempston and Columbia always do.

They got em at every fishing shop
    A fish bites 2 times a day, right before I get to the water, and as soon as my boat gets back on the trailer.

Just an FYI I wouldn't use those to measure fish. I know a guy that was charged a few days ago for under size fish. They were long enough when measured on the sticker but short when measured on the officer's ruler.

Wardens use fish stretchers on any fish even close to the limit. I always stay 1/2" under to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by duckchoppin View Post
    Just an FYI I wouldn't use those to measure fish. I know a guy that was charged a few days ago for under size fish. They were long enough when measured on the sticker but short when measured on the officer's ruler.
    Yeah, fuck that. We’d be working that out in court.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

From what I understand being in the sun causes the sticker to shrink and a metal ruler should be used. I believe it's noted on the sticker that it's not a legal ruler and to be used for information only.

From what I understand being in the sun causes the sticker to shrink and a metal ruler should be used. I believe it's noted on the sticker that it's not a legal ruler and to be used for information only.
    That sounds about right for a government office.

They have posters too.

I’m gonna run for Governor with my sole campaign promise being to disband the Law Enforcement division of DNR. I’ll probably win in a landslide.

Not close to any dnr office but I’ll try a bait shop next time. I never noticed them having the stickers before but then again I never needed one before. Thanks